BULLOCK'S ORIOLE - Camden, 11/23

Doug Hitchcox

Nov 23, 2016, 9:48:36 AM11/23/16
to Bird Alerts
Hi everyone:

A BULLOCK'S ORIOLE has been visiting feeders in Camden since November 14. The homeowner, Melinda Sortwell, is open to birders visiting but asks that everyone follows these guidelines:

Location: 4 Central Street, Camden, ME

Parking: There is plenty of public parking nearby, along Central Street and across the street at the Christian Science Reading Room.

Hours: Please do not arrive before 8:00AM or after 4:30PM. Melinda is okay with people visiting on Thanksgiving (tomorrow) but I ask everyone be especially sensitive to their privacy that day.

Viewing: There are several feeders on the property but the oriole is favoring the mealworms at the backside of the house. Melinda is very welcoming to people viewing from inside the house but I encourage people to look from the north side of yard (on your left as you walk onto the property) where you can see the feeders around the house. The bird has a steady pattern of showing up at the feeders in about 1 hour intervals, often appearing with goldfinches.

Good birding!

Doug Hitchcox