This Week's Highlight and New Arrivals, 4/14-18

Derek and Jeannette Lovitch

Apr 18, 2014, 4:24:54 PM4/18/14
to Maine-birds
 Hi all,
Just a few observations of note from an abbreviated week for me, mostly sticking close to home:
- 1 pair American Wigeon, Florida Lake Park, Freeport - my 152nd species here!, 4/14 (with client).
- 5-6 1st-cycle Glaucous Gulls and 6+ first-cycle Iceland Gulls, Old Port, Portland, 4/17.
- 42 Ring-necked Ducks, 1 Pied-billed Grebe, 18 Hooded Mergansers, 3+ Wood Ducks, etc, Florida Lake Park, 4/18 (with Katrina)

And my personal "FOYs:"
1 Pine Warbler, our yard in Pownal, 4/14.
3 Ruby-crowned Kinglets, mouth of the Abagadasset River, Bowdoinham, 4/14 (with client).
1 pair Blue-winged Teal, Old Town House Park, North Yarmouth, 4/15.
1 Winter Wren, Old Town House Park, 4/15.
3 Broad-winged Hawks, Bradbury Mountain Hawkwatch, 4/17.
1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Bradbury Mountain Hawkwatch, 4/18.

-Derek

Derek and Jeannette Lovitch
Freeport Wild Bird Supply
541 Route One, Suite 10