Belmont Feeders & Field

David Lewis

Feb 18, 2017, 12:08:30 PM2/18/17
to Maine birds
New member here. Installed feeders at Christmas time, am now rewarded daily with chickadees, white-and red breasted nuthatches, LOTS of goldfinches (the yellows seem to be slowly intensifying as new feathers come in), American tree sparrows, an even dozen mourning doves. Blue jays, titmice, etc. Downy and hairy woodpeckers.

Favorites: two pairs of Ravens I've been watching for several years... I find their behavior fascinating. I may try to locate a nest when the snow thins out in the woods...

Learning a lot reading the posts here, thank you all.
David

Scott Richardson

Feb 18, 2017, 9:30:29 PM2/18/17
to David Lewis, Maine birds
Nifty graphic here. Watch a goldfinch bring that color on and lose it again:
http://www.sibleyguides.com/2012/05/the-annual-plumage-cycle-of-a-male-american-goldfinch/

Scott Richardson

David Lewis

Feb 19, 2017, 9:17:55 AM2/19/17
to Maine birds
Very cool. Thanks....

Two fat Robins in the driveway this morning...