Grasshopper Sparrow @ Dyer's Point, Cape Elizabeth

Francesco Ticozzi

Nov 27, 2015, 7:28:17 PM11/27/15
to Maine birds

This afternoon, in addition to the “resident" birds, I saw and photographed an “unusual" sparrow that Doug Hitchcox identified (from the picture) as a grasshopper sparrow. A first for me!

Happy birding,

Francesco

Bill Bunn

Nov 28, 2015, 8:11:42 AM11/28/15
to Maine birds
I tried yesterday late morning to photograph that bird also (not knowing what it was either), could never get a good look, it seemed that every tourist who visited Maine for Thanksgiving decided to visit Dyer Point, the bird would flush and hide under rocks and not come out for 20-30 minutes at a time, after trying for over an hour I gave up, glad you got a shot, great catch!