ata0: FAILURE - zero length DMA transfer attempted

Jimmy Kelley

Sep 26, 2013, 9:26:25 PM9/26/13
Just finishing build/install world/kernel on what
I guess is 10-APLHA3 (r255900), and after rebooting
I'm seeing a constant stream of
ata0: FAILURE - zero length DMA transfer attempted
ata0: setting up DMA failed
on the console.
Everything appears to be working, but I've never
seen this before.

Jimmy

Jimmy Kelley

Sep 27, 2013, 8:01:04 AM9/27/13
By commenting out all services enabled in /etc/rc.conf
and then uncommenting them one-by-one, I tracked it down
to hald. Forced a rebuild of that port (sysutils/hal)
and that fixed the problem.

Jimmy