Stats for A/B splits?

Murray R. Summers

Feb 22, 2010, 2:48:26 PM2/22/10
to mailchimp api discuss
Hw can I get at the winning subject line for an A/B SPLIT campaign using the API, please?

Thanks,

Murray

--
Murray R. Summers
Great Web Sights

jesse

Feb 22, 2010, 3:52:16 PM2/22/10
to MailChimp API Discuss
I'm kind of amazed that no one has noticed the lack of a method for
returning ABSplit stats. Unfortunately, the best quick fix I can think
of for getting that:
* Using the new chimpChatter() method, it should show up there until
someone deletes it the notification
* campaignShareReports() will display that info, though that's not
really going to give you any reasonable programmatic method of getting
at it.

I'll add that to the list of things to get added.

jesse

On Feb 22, 2:48 pm, "Murray R. Summers" <msumm...@great-web-

sights.com> wrote:
> Hw can I get at the winning subject line for an A/B SPLIT campaign using
> the API, please?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Murray
>
> --
>
> Murray R. Summers
>
> Great Web Sights
>
> 610-469-9715
>

> msumm...@great-web-sights.com
>
> http://www.great-web-sights.com

Murray R. Summers

Feb 22, 2010, 4:31:49 PM2/22/10
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com
Do I get any credits for discovering this? :)

So, if I'm reading this properly, you're saying that there is no API tool to discover this information - correct?

Murray

sights.com> wrote:
> Hw can I get at the winning subject line for an A/B SPLIT campaign using
> the API, please?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Murray
>
> --
>
> Murray R. Summers
>
> Great Web Sights
>
> 610-469-9715
>
> msumm...@great-web-sights.com
>
> http://www.great-web-sights.com

DavidMcL, Perceptive Logic

Feb 23, 2010, 2:06:58 PM2/23/10
to MailChimp API Discuss
I don't know about credit -- this could open a whole new can of
worms :-)

Taken a step farther, since we have a number of different campaign
types, there really should be separate 'custom' formats for
campaignStats() and output for campaigns() that would reflect each
campaign types' specifics -- and maybe more methods that I haven't
thought of.

Now that IS a scary thought!

David

On Feb 22, 3:31 pm, "Murray R. Summers" <msumm...@great-web-

sights.com> wrote:
> Do I get any credits for discovering this? :)
>
> So, if I'm reading this properly, you're saying that there is no API tool
> to discover this information - correct?
>
> Murray

jesse

Feb 23, 2010, 4:38:38 PM2/23/10
to MailChimp API Discuss
I'll look into that a bit further, but I'm pretty sure only Timewarp
campaigns are going to cause more stats issues - everything else I can
think of off the top of my head ends up with the same set of stats
regardless of campaign type.

jesse

On Feb 23, 2:06 pm, "DavidMcL, Perceptive Logic"

davidmcl

Mar 2, 2010, 10:51:08 AM3/2/10
to MailChimp API Discuss
I hope & suspect so, and I hadn't really given a lot of thought on the
stats -- you certainly know the 'innards' better than I do.

What I was mainly thinking about was the different campain types and
the 'type_opts' differences in campaignCreate() -- and wondering if
the campaigns() method would reflect the information there, as
appropriate for the different campaign types.

David

jesse

Mar 2, 2010, 11:22:07 AM3/2/10
to MailChimp API Discuss
When it gets updated, yes, that's exactly what will be returned and as
close to the same parameter you'd pass into campaignCreate as
possible.

jesse