Changing a user's email address through the API

Ram Rachum

Oct 3, 2012, 1:55:45 PM10/3/12
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com, r...@rachum.com
Hi,

I'm using Chimpy to control my Mailchimp list.

I want to edit a user's email address on my list. (I want to do that rather than unsubscribe him and then subscribe him under a new email because I don't want to lose any of his data.)

I managed to get the user's ID, and I saw the documentation for `listUpdateMember`, but I don't know how to use `listUpdateMember` to edit the email. Can you please show me?

Thanks for your help,
Ram Rachum.

jesse

Oct 4, 2012, 6:18:50 AM10/4/12
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com, r...@rachum.com
The documentation is complete and there is an example which should roughly similar for most wrappers:
http://apidocs.mailchimp.com/api/rtfm/listupdatemember.func.php

What's the actual problem?

jesse

Ram Rachum

Oct 4, 2012, 6:28:07 AM10/4/12
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com, je...@mailchimp.com
The problem: Change a subscriber's email address. I see neither how the documentation explains how to do that nor how the example demonstrates how to do that. Maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks,
Ram.

jesse

Oct 4, 2012, 6:33:56 AM10/4/12
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com, je...@mailchimp.com
Yes - the docs say and link to the listSubscribe docs for how to send merge_vars - there it clearly explains what you need to do.

jesse
Ram.

Ram Rachum

Oct 4, 2012, 6:35:25 AM10/4/12
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com
Ah, now that I followed the link to merge_vars I understand. It wasn't clear as it is. Thank you Jesse.