It looks like Mastercoin dominated the funding by a substantial margin...

kenne...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 5:36:24 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
I see over 90,000 mastercoins invested with just over 2,100 bitcoins invested. So it is already sold out but funds are continuing to roll in. I expected mastercoin to dominate this funding and it clearly has, with somewhere around 90% of the funding seeming to be in mastercoin. Any thoughts?

Bob Marin

Apr 22, 2014, 5:39:01 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Where do you see 90 000?

I only see 21 449

Mark Hughes

Apr 22, 2014, 5:38:38 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
I'm seeing 21,000 MSC and 2,100 BTC.

Where are you seeing 90K MSC?

Mark

On 22/04/2014 10:36, kenne...@gmail.com wrote:
I see over 90,000 mastercoins invested with just over 2,100 bitcoins invested. So it is already sold out but funds are continuing to roll in. I expected mastercoin to dominate this funding and it clearly has, with somewhere around 90% of the funding seeming to be in mastercoin. Any thoughts?

kenne...@gmail.com

kenne...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 5:45:35 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com, m...@happybeing.com
MaidSafe is now holding about 15% of all mastercoins...

Mark Hughes

Apr 22, 2014, 5:46:56 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Kennett.

Quite concerning, esp if the MSC guys hit the keys faster and hoover up the bulk of the offer. Not good for MaidSafeFoundation, not good for us!?

Well, lets see. Good thing is it is fully subscribed.

Mark

On 22/04/2014 10:36, kenne...@gmail.com wrote:
I see over 90,000 mastercoins invested with just over 2,100 bitcoins invested. So it is already sold out but funds are continuing to roll in. I expected mastercoin to dominate this funding and it clearly has, with somewhere around 90% of the funding seeming to be in mastercoin. Any thoughts?

kenne...@gmail.com

David Yamanaka

Apr 22, 2014, 5:57:09 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com, m...@happybeing.com
If this is true, it will be the shortest crowd sale in history.
Not sure how I feel about that.
I hope my BTC transaction went through before it got sold out : (

On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 3:46:56 AM UTC-6, Mark Hughes wrote:
Thanks Kennett.

Quite concerning, esp if the MSC guys hit the keys faster and hoover up the bulk of the offer. Not good for MaidSafeFoundation, not good for us!?

Well, lets see. Good thing is it is fully subscribed.

Mark

On 22/04/2014 10:36, kenne...@gmail.com wrote:
I see over 90,000 mastercoins invested with just over 2,100 bitcoins invested. So it is already sold out but funds are continuing to roll in. I expected mastercoin to dominate this funding and it clearly has, with somewhere around 90% of the funding seeming to be in mastercoin. Any thoughts?

kenne...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 5:58:56 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com, m...@happybeing.com
Check your address on https://masterchest.info and you should see the MaidSafeCoins if it went through.

David Yamanaka

Apr 22, 2014, 6:01:50 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com, m...@happybeing.com
Says...

Under Maintenance

I'll check it as soon as they pop back up.
Thanks

Mark Hughes

Apr 22, 2014, 6:01:52 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
My address still being rejected for not holding any alt coins.

Hmm. Worried!

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/maidsafe-development.

kenne...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 6:03:32 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com, m...@happybeing.com
I was mistaken, they are not showing MaidSafeCoins for deposits made via bitcoin yet. They are showing for deposits made via mastercoin though...

Mark Hughes

Apr 22, 2014, 6:03:48 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Actually I'm using masterchain.info wallet, so not the same as Kennett. I see "Under maint" for masterchest.info too.

jander

Apr 22, 2014, 6:04:31 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
masterchest.info is down... any other way to check this?

On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 11:58:56 AM UTC+2, kenne...@gmail.com wrote:
> Check your address on https://masterchest.info and you should see the MaidSafeCoins if it went through.
>
> On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 5:57:09 AM UTC-4, David Yamanaka wrote:
> If this is true, it will be the shortest crowd sale in history.
> Not sure how I feel about that.
> I hope my BTC transaction went through before it got sold out : (
>
> On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 3:46:56 AM UTC-6, Mark Hughes wrote:
>

> Thanks Kennett.
>

> Quite concerning, esp if the MSC guys hit the keys faster and hoover
> up the bulk of the offer. Not good for MaidSafeFoundation, not good
> for us!?
>

> Well, lets see. Good thing is it is fully subscribed.
>

> Mark
>

> On 22/04/2014 10:36,
> kenne...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> I see over 90,000 mastercoins invested with just
> over 2,100 bitcoins invested. So it is already sold out but
> funds are continuing to roll in. I expected mastercoin to
> dominate this funding and it clearly has, with somewhere around
> 90% of the funding seeming to be in mastercoin. Any thoughts?
>

> --

> send an email to maidsafe-develop...@googlegroups.com.

David Yamanaka

Apr 22, 2014, 6:04:39 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com, m...@happybeing.com
I suspect the receiving address was spammed and needs time to create and return MSAFE coins back.

Give it time.

We know where they live... lol!

kenne...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 6:07:25 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Add your address to the end of https://masterchest.info/lookupadd.aspx?address= and it should work. It is for me at least.

Mark Hughes

Apr 22, 2014, 6:08:52 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, it works. But no mention of MSAFE at all.

Mark
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maidsafe-develop...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/maidsafe-development.

kenne...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 6:13:30 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com, m...@happybeing.com
It seems to only be showing for deposits made via mastercoin, so if you deposited via bitcoin then I suppose that will take longer to show up.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/maidsafe-development.

jander

Apr 22, 2014, 6:14:30 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com, m...@happybeing.com
thanks. I funded from BTC, right now it shows as 0, and no MSAFE either.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/maidsafe-development.

jander

Apr 22, 2014, 6:15:09 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
If it is fully subscribed, why are the addresses still up in the website?

Mark Hughes

Apr 22, 2014, 6:15:38 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
That's worrying in itself, because the addresses are all bitcoin addresses, so it suggests they have are processing MSC deposits but not - yet - any BTC deposits from us.

kenne...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 6:21:25 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com, m...@happybeing.com
It is even more worrying, the last bitcoin deposit was about half an hour ago, but mastercoin deposits keep being made...

kenne...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 6:23:31 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com, m...@happybeing.com
Additionally, even the most recent mastercoin deposits are showing as having received their MaidSafeCoins...

Viv Rajkumar

Apr 22, 2014, 6:24:17 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mark,

The issuance of MSAFE coins for MSC is automatic, hence why it seems really fast. bitcoins are getting processed in the office and initial transactions being processed are pending, so you should start seeing them getting updated soon.

If it is fully subscribed, why are the addresses still up in the website?
The MSC address is being taken off. The github site takes upto 10 minutes to reflect changes. So it should be visible soon.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/maidsafe-development.

Regards

Viv

MaidSafe.net Limited
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MaidSafe.net Limited is a limited liability company incorporated in Scotland with number SC297540. VAT Registered 889 0608 77. Registered Office: 72 Templehill, Troon, KA10 6BE.
Telephone Scotland: +44 1292 317311.

Mark Hughes

Apr 22, 2014, 6:27:08 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Viv,

Does this mean MSC deposits jump the queue, or are you reserving MSAFE for BTC deposits according to when they arrived?

Mark

>       send an email to maidsafe-develop...@googlegroups.com.

>       Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/maidsafe-development.

Regards

Viv

MaidSafe.net Limited

kenne...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 6:28:42 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
The recent deposit for https://masterchest.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=19P5uCRuqzzi5SDT8Rq6NrNb9dPJNAScjD has its MaidSafeCoins. By my assessment, it would appear that nearly all of the coins allotted for the funding have been distributed to mastercoin deposits. Is this accurate?

>       Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/maidsafe-development.
>
>       To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/maidsafe-development/4adb2f1d-382f-4020-bf98-7ece9b5e1b64%40googlegroups.com.

Viv Rajkumar

Apr 22, 2014, 6:37:51 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

Anyone who sent BTC are sure to receive their corresponding MSAFE. MSC jumping the queue or anything similar is something we would not be allowing. David's just in a meeting about the same. I'll update this thread once I hear the output

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/maidsafe-development.

Mark Hughes

Apr 22, 2014, 6:40:31 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Viv. Please update as soon as this happens because it is very concerning, obviously for MaidSafe and not just us. If this doesn't happen it would cause all sorts of problems for the project and I'd hate to see that happen, as well as for those most deeply involved in the project to be cut out.

Must be nervous times for you guys. Fingers crossed!

Mark

>       send an email to maidsafe-develop...@googlegroups.com.

>       Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/maidsafe-development.

Viv Rajkumar

Apr 22, 2014, 6:41:32 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Just a quick update,

seems like the numbers reported by http://www.mymastercoins.com/ were incorrect. The sale is still on. You can continue to use the BTC address to send in bitcoins. Please do not send MSC to that address.

Mark Hughes

Apr 22, 2014, 6:44:55 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
How could those figures be wrong? Its automated. Sounds to me like someone withdrew a fat Mastercoin deposit to make way for BTC'ers.

Be interesting to see if there are any MSAFE send (back) transactions from addresses that just received them!

Ho hum!

Mark

>       send an email to maidsafe-develop...@googlegroups.com.

>       Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/maidsafe-development.

kenne...@gmail.com

Mark Hughes

Apr 22, 2014, 6:49:26 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Its a wild ride buying crypto from Scotsmen. Stay away from them on the football pitch is my advice :-)

I'd love to have been in on that meeting!

You MaidSafe guys are maid of strong stuff. Must be the Haggis and Whisky. Oh, and the deep fried Mars bars.

Mark
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maidsafe-develop...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/maidsafe-development.

DavidT

Apr 22, 2014, 6:59:38 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
so if i send btc to the ipo using 2 sending btc addresses in one single transaction, which one will get credited with maidsafecoins ?

Janek Kozicki

Apr 22, 2014, 7:16:38 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Ouch, I see a big problem here.

I wish I heard about this project earlier, maybe it would struck my
mind to warn you about this. If you would have paid attention to
cryptocurrency scene, you might have envisioned this scenario.

Currently 92535 MSC are donated, as you can see on
http://www.mymastercoins.com/ (just enter the
address 1ARjWDkZ7kT9fwjPrjcQyvbXDkEySzKHwu at the bottom of the page
to see the balance).

Current market price is 0.17 BTC as you can see on
https://masterxchange.com/ and clearly you can see the on the right
graph that almost no one wants to buy mastercoins. There is huge ask
instead.

0.17*17000=2890

Here's what will happen:

MaidSAFE team will want to exchange MSC for cash in order to fund the
project, therefore will try to sell 15% of all MSC in existence. This
will drive the price to nearly zero, because the volume of such
marginal altcoin is very small, and very few people will want to buy
it. People who are holding MSC are aware that happening and already
started to preemptively sell their MSC.

The biggest problem is that you guarantee to give 3400 SAFE for each
MSC, which might have been tru when the funding started. But will be
way off the real price when it finishes. You should have said that
you will give amount of SAFE respectively to current MSC price.

Now people who hold MSC saw a great opportunity to finally get rid of
their niche altcoin with low volume, for something that actually is
pretty great.

I am very sorry that this is happening, and I hope that the amount of
money you will collect from BTC will at least partially offset what
is happening.

Alternatively you might change your policy and instead of rewarding
3400 SAFE for each MSC you can give amount of SAFE proportional to
current MSC price. This will piss off greatly the MSC early adopters,
who currently hold a majority of MaidSAFE issued currency. This may
be only four to six people, but we don't know how powerful they are.
And what their wrath might be.

ouch before I fnished this email the price dropped to 0.09, therefore
currently:

0.09*17000=1530

1530/3400 = 0.45

you are currently selling your high valued SAFE coins at below half their intended price. This drives more people to convert their bitcoins into MSC and buy SAFE using MSC. I am afraid that this feedback loop will have even worse side effect on MaidSAFE.

Maybe the best would be to return all coins to their respective
sender addresses (both BTC and MSC).

Post a big apology for not knowing how cryptocurrency scene works,
and restart this process in next week.

best regards
--
Janek Kozicki http://janek.kozicki.pl/ |

Viv Rajkumar

Apr 22, 2014, 7:19:21 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
so if i send btc to the ipo using 2 sending btc addresses in one single transaction, which one will get credited with maidsafecoins ?

MSAFE should come to the address that sent the most amongst the two addresses you used to send the BTC.

On 22 April 2014 11:59, DavidT <davidtr...@gmail.com> wrote:
so if i send btc to the ipo using 2 sending btc addresses in one single transaction, which one will get credited with maidsafecoins ?

Mark Hughes

Apr 22, 2014, 7:26:27 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Janek,

I think this is a good analysis (except the 90K MSC deposit has
mysteriously dropped to 45K).

I am not sure why MaidSafe went this way, because these issues were
discussed on this list a few days ago and they pressed ahead. It seems
we may not have all the information about what was agreed with the
Mastercoin guys, or maybe MaidSafe were confident this wouldn't happen,
or maybe needed speed more than we realised. As I say, I think we don't
have enough information to make more than speculation.

I hope the project is not damaged by this. It would be a terrible shame.

Mark

David Fleming

Apr 22, 2014, 7:27:16 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
I agree with the above post. It was postulated that mastecoin could disrupt this crowd sale and it has. Returning all funds and re-running the sale with a floating price and and mastercoin limiting would be a better option. Better to have a snafu now than a minor alt killing or harming such a great project. People are willing to comit real money to you and its retrievable with bitcoin. The mastercoin you received wont be retrievable for anything.

kenne...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 7:57:44 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
That would be more than a minor snafu. First, the coins are already issued since they issue automatically for deposits made in mastercoin. Second, the increasing buy volume in the days leading up to the funding start shows that a lot of people probably bought mastercoin just to participate in the funding. Redoing the funding round would likely cause those investors to lose say half of their investment instantly.

Janek Kozicki

Apr 22, 2014, 8:01:26 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
To prove my point you can see that even though SAFE coins are sold at
half the price on MSC not enough people are willing to convert their
BTC to MSC in order to buy SAFE and drive MSC price up along the way.
Not enough people deem MSC worth such a hassle. Even at 50% discount!
It means that getting rid of those MSC will be virtually impossible.

David Fleming said: (by the date of Tue, 22 Apr 2014 04:27:16 -0700 (PDT))

Mark Hughes

Apr 22, 2014, 8:02:49 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Strange...

MSC has been closed for ages but has risen again, from 45K to a concensus figure of 49186 / 49187
BTC at 2,805

Mark Hughes

Apr 22, 2014, 8:06:00 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Part of the reason, well mine at least, is their currently unfinished
(awful) trading platform.

I didn't have their Windows wallet set up (it is still re-synching as
I'm not online 24x7), and their web wallet is attrocious, and I wouldn't
trust it. So I stuck with trusty bitcoin.

In time that will, I guess be improved.

Mark

kenne...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 8:10:25 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Well given that they removed the mastercoin deposit address and announced they are no longer taking mastercoin funding hours ago, it makes sense to me that no one is buying mastercoin to convert to MaidSafeCoins.

Matthew Jones

Apr 22, 2014, 8:20:23 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
I am absolutely gutted I bought mastercoins in preparation for this last week but then couldn't send them to buy safecoins due to not having any btc on my mastercoin balance and my Multibit wallet crashed so I had to spend 2 hours this morning doing detective work to recover the files and finally send the btc to my mastercoin address so I could send the safecoin and now I've missed it!   Can I please invest my mastercoins?!  I'd have to sell them a a huge loss to covert back to btc and then buy in.

Janek Kozicki

Apr 22, 2014, 8:31:59 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
kenne...@gmail.com said: (by the date of Tue, 22 Apr 2014 05:10:25 -0700 (PDT))
> Well given that they removed the mastercoin deposit address and announced
> they are no longer taking mastercoin funding hours ago, it makes sense to
> me that no one is buying mastercoin to convert to MaidSafeCoins.

Where did they announce that? I must have missed it.

kenne...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 8:39:02 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Viv Rajkumar said "The MSC address is being taken off. The github site takes upto 10 minutes to reflect changes. So it should be visible soon." in this thread, and it was mentioned in at least one other thread.

David Irvine

Apr 22, 2014, 8:40:43 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone, wow !!

Amazing times. It is not oversubscribed and your BTC investments are safe. we are having to take steps to ensure this is as successful as it can. The thing went flying this morning. I will update you in an hour or so, but no worries on the BTC investments, they are still coming in strong, it is not complete at all (circa 50%) some sites were showing incomplete records etc. on the mastercoin blocks. It is all fine though and you guys are definitely fine to.

the speed gave everyone and many sites a shock, which is great, but we are taking steps to ensure all BTC buyers do get MSAFE and I will update you very soon, a little hectic just now, but great hectic.

David Irvine
maidsafe.net
twitter: @metaquestions

kenne...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 8:42:36 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Viv Rajkumar also said, "Sale is still going on. You can continue to send in BTC using the BTC address found at http://www.safecoin.io/." in the thread titled "status of sale?", so I would guess people read those responses, saw the mastercoin deposit address get removed, or just never saw the address to begin with.

michel....@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 8:49:59 AM4/22/14
Am Dienstag, 22. April 2014 14:42:36 UTC+2 schrieb kenne...@gmail.com:
> Viv Rajkumar also said, "Sale is still going on. You can continue to send in BTC using the BTC address found at http://www.safecoin.io/." in the thread titled "status of sale?", so I would guess people read those responses, saw the mastercoin deposit address get removed, or just never saw the address to begin with.
>
> On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:31:59 AM UTC-4, janek_listy wrote:kenne...@gmail.com said:     (by the date of Tue, 22 Apr 2014 05:10:25 -0700 (PDT))
>
> > Well given that they removed the mastercoin deposit address and announced
>
> > they are no longer taking mastercoin funding hours ago, it makes sense to
>
> > me that no one is buying mastercoin to convert to MaidSafeCoins.

A cap for MSC would have been useful!
the five biggest transactions:
9176,8624,7000, 5442, 4743 = 34985 MSC

David Irvine

Apr 22, 2014, 8:54:27 AM4/22/14

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 1:49 PM, <michel....@gmail.com> wrote:
A cap for MSC would have been useful!
the five biggest transactions:
9176,8624,7000, 5442, 4743 = 34985 MSC

We are effecting that now, the speed of the sale is amazing, it will be fair for everyone though, we are pretty committed to that.

michel....@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 9:00:39 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
I hope you cap the large MSC amounts and not the small ones

John Kypri

Apr 22, 2014, 9:00:49 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
What's the official mastercoin address?

David Yamanaka

Apr 22, 2014, 9:00:56 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

There has been very wild things going on. I did suspect the BTC address was being spammed and it would take time to sort out.

Can I have your assurance that if I send more BTC, it will be honored with MSAFE coins in return, at least for today, even if the cap has been reached?

It's already at 50% sold in just the 4 hrs... so our time window to add more BTC is closing too quickly.
I don't think you would object to accepting more funding, people really want to support the SAFE Project.
But I also understand the amount of funding for this sale set in stone (430million MSAFE coins).

Just let us know ; )

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Janek Kozicki <janek...@wp.pl> wrote:
kenne...@gmail.com said:     (by the date of Tue, 22 Apr 2014 05:10:25 -0700 (PDT))
> Well given that they removed the mastercoin deposit address and announced
> they are no longer taking mastercoin funding hours ago, it makes sense to
> me that no one is buying mastercoin to convert to MaidSafeCoins.

Where did they announce that? I must have missed it.

--
Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |

Mark Hughes

Apr 22, 2014, 9:02:03 AM4/22/14

On 22/04/2014 14:00, John Kypri wrote:
> What's the official mastercoin address?
https://masterchain.info/Address.html?addr=1ARjWDkZ7kT9fwjPrjcQyvbXDkEySzKHwu&currency=MSC

David Irvine

Apr 22, 2014, 9:06:57 AM4/22/14

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 2:00 PM, David Yamanaka <drey...@gmail.com> wrote:
There has been very wild things going on. I did suspect the BTC address was being spammed and it would take time to sort out.

Can I have your assurance that if I send more BTC, it will be honored with MSAFE coins in return, at least for today, even if the cap has been reached?

It's already at 50% sold in just the 4 hrs... so our time window to add more BTC is closing too quickly.
I don't think you would object to accepting more funding, people really want to support the SAFE Project.
But I also understand the amount of funding for this sale set in stone (430million MSAFE coins).

Just let us know ; )

I can only promise until the cap is reached. We really have to send back any BTC after the cap. It is the only fair way. I think you will be fine. If the cap is reached will will update the site (safecoin.io) to reflect that immediately. Thanks David, please get in if you are doing it, I am sure it would be OK, but you are an important part of the group, but even then we cannot step outside what we have promised.

You are right it is an amazing sign. My 8 BTC were used for tx fees (and I will not have time to get more today I think)  :-( so don't feel too bad. I am not bothered though I love seeing all the amounts and importantly huge amount of supporters, it's excellent and well worth 8 BTC to share with so many. This is all very humbling for me, hard to describe really, I think it's starting to hit that we are doing this and what a feeling it is.

Bob Marin

Apr 22, 2014, 9:13:20 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Wait, are you saying that you will not be able to invest into MaidSafe because of transaction fees for the purpose of fundraising?

Because if it is so I'll be more then happy to send you 8 BTC which you can return when you get the chance to...

David Irvine

Apr 22, 2014, 9:14:01 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
That address is being closed out now, please do not send MSC to this address or publish it any more. It was removed from our site for good reason.

David Irvine

Apr 22, 2014, 9:15:57 AM4/22/14

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 2:13 PM, Bob Marin <bobmar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wait, are you saying that you will not be able to invest into MaidSafe because of transaction fees for the purpose of fundraising?

Because if it is so I'll be more then happy to send you 8 BTC which you can return when you get the chance to...

No problem Bob, I was not meaning that. I had 21 BTC so did get in. I am honestly happy to see others in there and I will be setting up a Farmer like many on the list. I am more content if there are more people involved. Thanks very much for that though, this is a great community for sure, proud to be part of it all.

Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes

Apr 22, 2014, 9:17:50 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Nice Bob.

Glad you will be invested David, it would be very odd if you weren't!

Mark

David Yamanaka

Apr 22, 2014, 9:19:07 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Understood,

I had to get up at 3am this morning to send my 1st transaction, and I feel for others who were not "waiting in line" due to different time zones.
I respect your integrity to keep with the crowd sale rules. Unfortunately, the window is closing too quickly for my comfort.

On a good note, we still have the ability to farm safecoins when the Network is launched.
This really is the shortest crowd sale in history.

renke...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 9:22:25 AM4/22/14
Am Dienstag, 22. April 2014 15:14:01 UTC+2 schrieb David Irvine:
> That address is being closed out now, please do not send MSC to this address or publish it any more. It was removed from our site for good reason.
>

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 2:02 PM, Mark Hughes <m...@happybeing.com> wrote:
>

> On 22/04/2014 14:00, John Kypri wrote:
>

> What's the official mastercoin address?
>

> https://masterchain.info/Address.html?addr=1ARjWDkZ7kT9fwjPrjcQyvbXDkEySzKHwu&currency=MSC
>

> --

> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/maidsafe-development.
>
> To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/maidsafe-development/5356684B.7040508%40happybeing.com.

> --
>

> David Irvine
> maidsafe.net
> twitter: @metaquestions
>

> blog:  http://metaquestions.me

well send a few mastercoins to that address at 14:57 utc+1 - do I receive my MaidSafecoins? - In case I do not receive them do I get my MSC back?

David Irvine

Apr 22, 2014, 9:22:05 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
No worries Mark, it's fine.

David Irvine

Apr 22, 2014, 9:22:35 AM4/22/14

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 2:17 PM, Mark Hughes <m...@happybeing.com> wrote:
Glad you will be invested David, it would be very odd if you weren't!

Thanks guys, I am all in with everything I had, I shall be totally fine.
Message has been deleted

David Irvine

Apr 22, 2014, 9:25:15 AM4/22/14

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 2:22 PM, <renke...@gmail.com> wrote:
well send a few mastercoins to that address at 14:57 utc+1 - do I receive my MaidSafecoins? - In case I do not receive them do I get my MSC back?

Is is closing or closed I strongly recommend BTC if possible, you shoudl not loose MSC though, I think they are either automatically returned or at worst we have to manually do it. It is literally closing now though. I am out of the office (heading back) and the close thing is happening or happened. You can try but I really think it best you use BTC to be safe. It works with a STOP order type thing. I will know more in a few mins when I am in. Interviews like mad as well. Sleep when its over for sure.

David Irvine

Apr 22, 2014, 9:26:42 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 2:24 PM, John Kypri <john...@googlemail.com> wrote:
My phone alarm didn't go off now I've probably killed my ex-girlfriend WTF, I've just lost $50k how could I have been so stupid, saw it coming a mile off but thought I could at lease get in and out by end of sale. :( Suicides a real possibility now thanks David

Sorry man, it went wild and is still going wild on the BTC side (hope its calming down now, it was frighteningly fast). BTC is still fine for a good while I think though.
Message has been deleted

John Kypri

Apr 22, 2014, 9:33:34 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
I've destroyed my life too, wish you listened to me man I even emailed you WAKE UP DAVID! I explained this on bitcoin talk (chang hum) it was logical didn't know it would be this fast though. Are you in on this SCAM david or are you really this fucking stupid!?

On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:32:18 PM UTC+7, John Kypri wrote:
I told you this I knew this, I've been plastering it all over bitcointalk. And I was still stupid enough to go in!! thought I could get out in time, you're screwed too I suppose about
$5m real money and $15 pretend moneys been destroyed today! mines in the real money part you've destroyed my life my ex girlfriends in ICU in thailand
Message has been deleted

David Yamanaka

Apr 22, 2014, 9:35:24 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
John,

Please don't... I can't live with that on my conscience. I hope you are just joking.
David Irvine said we are only at 50% sold so you still have at least 4 hrs if the rate of MSAFE purchases remain constant.
The time window might be higher since the MSC address has been removed.

Go for it, the worst that can happen is you get your BTC returned.

As for me, I have no need of BTC which is why I decided differently.

On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:24:24 AM UTC-6, John Kypri wrote:
My phone alarm didn't go off now I've probably killed my ex-girlfriend WTF, I've just lost $50k how could I have been so stupid, saw it coming a mile off but thought I could at lease get in and out by end of sale. :( Suicides a real possibility now thanks David

Taylor Singleton-Fookes

Apr 22, 2014, 9:35:59 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
8BTC of transaction fees? At .1mBTC / transaction ~~ 80000 transactions? Seems a little odd to me.

Exciting the sale is so successful. Hopefully this is the beginning of a real change in security, privacy and freedom for the average internet user.

Cheers,

David Yamanaka

John Kypri

Apr 22, 2014, 9:36:49 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
You deserve Jail time for this david you seem to think it's a joke you've fucked peoples lives hard

On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:34:57 PM UTC+7, John Kypri wrote:
What do you mean still going on the Bitcoin side I exchanged Bitcoin for mastercoin to pay as per the terms of the IPO how the fuck are you still accepting Bitcoin?

Lambert Nick

Apr 22, 2014, 9:37:17 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
The crowd sale is now closed to MSC, still open for BTC @ 1KHfLixa2idRnZXMUfEisBati1vpywaH6E
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Matthew Jones

Apr 22, 2014, 9:43:23 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
I've lost 50% of my investment on this already by buying mastercoins at 0.149 in preparation and missing the mastercoin buy in due to my multibit wallet crashing and having to send hours this morning getting it working again so I could fund the mastercoin wallet with 0.0005btc so it could send the funds, having never used mastercoin before I didn't know this was needed.  It's only a 13.1 mastercoins now worth half the purchase price.  I'm hoping I can still invest them...

renke...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 9:47:16 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
as told I tried to send mastercoins roughly an hour ago - until now they did not reach the address and are still (or proabably again) in my wallett. Guess no worries here.

To the guys who heavily speculated on msc I feel sorry.

Uwe Cerron

Apr 22, 2014, 9:48:04 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
what's the cap on the btc sale?

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 9:47 AM, <renke...@gmail.com> wrote:
as told I tried to send mastercoins roughly an hour ago - until now they did not reach the address and are still (or proabably again) in my wallett. Guess no worries here.

To the guys who heavily speculated on msc I feel sorry.

Mark Hughes

Apr 22, 2014, 9:47:51 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
This is awful John. Get on the phone to your friends or family or some support right now. This is not the best place for you right now. You showed great insight before and you can do it again. Hold that MSC and you'll see what you can do better and turn that "worthless" mastercoin around. Today its low - see how it goes as they roll their cool shit out, then go at it!

Take care man. That's a really dark place you're in so go get some love.

Mark

renke...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 9:48:34 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
lol - now it went to the address - I am still wondering if I receive my Maidsafecoins

Mark Hughes

Apr 22, 2014, 9:49:51 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Probably not. If you have any BTC you probably still have time.

Fraser Hutchison

Apr 22, 2014, 9:50:31 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

I get you're upset, but this is a public mailing list.  We can't allow further posts with that kind of language.  Feel free to make your point, but tone down language or we'll have to block you.

Thanks,
Fraser.

On 22/04/2014 14:42, John Kypri wrote:
no you can't fucking do that Nick you BUNCH OF FUCKING CUNTS WHAT THE FUCK!! YOU'VE PUMPED THE PRICE OF SOMETHING WORTHLESS THEN CHANGEDD THE RULES I FUCKING TOLD YOU ARROGANT CUNTS WOULDN'T LISTEN I THOUGHT YOU'D AT LEAST HONOUR THE RULES NO ONE CAN SEND BITCOIN IT GETS WATERED DOWN BY WORTHLESS MASTERCOIN .. I'VE GOT 50K WORTHLESS FUCKCING MASTERCOIN BECAUSE OF YOU FUCKING CUNTS

On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:37:17 PM UTC+7, nick.lambert wrote:
The crowd sale is now closed to MSC, still open for BTC @ 1KHfLixa2idRnZXMUfEisBati1vpywaH6E
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nick Lambert
www.maidsafe.net
Twitter: @maidsafe
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On 22 Apr 2014, at 14:25, David Irvine <david....@maidsafe.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 2:22 PM, <renke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> well send a few mastercoins to that address at 14:57 utc+1 - do I receive my MaidSafecoins? - In case I do not receive them do I get my MSC back?
>
> Is is closing or closed I strongly recommend BTC if possible, you shoudl not loose MSC though, I think they are either automatically returned or at worst we have to manually do it. It is literally closing now though. I am out of the office (heading back) and the close thing is happening or happened. You can try but I really think it best you use BTC to be safe. It works with a STOP order type thing. I will know more in a few mins when I am in. Interviews like mad as well. Sleep when its over for sure.
>

> --
>
> David Irvine
> maidsafe.net
> twitter: @metaquestions
> blog:  http://metaquestions.me
>
> --
Message has been deleted

Christopher Andre'

Apr 22, 2014, 9:55:09 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
John, you are an idiot. You should go back to trolling youtube. It seems like a more fitting place for you to tell everyone "they have sand in their cooch" (yeah I read your comments.  looks like you tend to treat everyone like this)

Matthew Jones

Apr 22, 2014, 9:55:34 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
I am confused, I sent my Mastercoins to the Maidsafe address late in the hopes of still redeeming them for Maidsafecoins, here's the transaction on the bitcion blockchain:

But it's still showing the 13.1Mastercoins in my wallet.  Did it not go through then?

On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 10:36:24 AM UTC+1, kenne...@gmail.com wrote:
I see over 90,000 mastercoins invested with just over 2,100 bitcoins invested. So it is already sold out but funds are continuing to roll in. I expected mastercoin to dominate this funding and it clearly has, with somewhere around 90% of the funding seeming to be in mastercoin. Any thoughts?
Message has been deleted

John Kypri

Apr 22, 2014, 9:58:17 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
How much have you been scammed by this?

zyxx...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 9:59:47 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
I think you should block this person. He is a malicious troll and has abused many people on the bitcointalk threat already.

David Fleming

Apr 22, 2014, 10:01:01 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Yet you bought them...

On Tuesday, 22 April 2014 14:56:33 UTC+1, John Kypri wrote:
Thanks mark at least yo didn't tell me stop trolling man like some other idiot, can't tell anyone about this, live alone in Thailand my girlfriend or ex i still love had a terrible motorcycle accident 3 weeks ago hence why still desperate despite knowing this was a big scam, just thought i'd have time to get in and out didn't predict david changing the rules as he seemed so clueless that mastercoin were worthless.

John Kypri

Apr 22, 2014, 10:01:20 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Yeah you're right I'm an idiot but there's a difference between writing sarcastic comments on youtube videos, and commiting life destroying financial fraud. I ended up buying 413 Mastercoin for this IPO (50k) at 0.2 and now they're worthless.   why the fucks the hate directed at me? I tried to stop this from happening

Bob Marin

Apr 22, 2014, 10:02:31 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com, zyxx...@gmail.com
This is the oldest spiel on Bitcointalk, his next move is he's gonna ask them for some kickback to stop trolling
Message has been deleted

David Irvine

Apr 22, 2014, 10:04:39 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 2:48 PM, Uwe Cerron <uwec...@gmail.com> wrote:
what's the cap on the btc sale?

Not in the office I think there is another 3-4000 to go. The guys can tell you I think, they should have the total remaining MSAFE and the figure (its not 17000 any more it is larger than that +~40%)

David Irvine

Apr 22, 2014, 10:06:41 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
It's closed Mathew I think the MSC auto return on a closed sale of MSC like that. The only mechanism currently available is BTC. There is plenty of time I think. Sorry, it took all of us by surprise.

Mark Hughes

Apr 22, 2014, 10:10:00 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Take care John, really. You haven't done what I suggested, so I'm concerned. Anyway I have to go now. My advice stands if it is of any use.

Best, Mark

On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 4:36:24 PM UTC+7, kenne...@gmail.com wrote:
I see over 90,000 mastercoins invested with just over 2,100 bitcoins invested. So it is already sold out but funds are continuing to roll in. I expected mastercoin to dominate this funding and it clearly has, with somewhere around 90% of the funding seeming to be in mastercoin. Any thoughts?

renke...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 10:10:35 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
there are still confirmed transactions to the address (!?)

John Kypri

Apr 22, 2014, 10:12:31 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com, zyxx...@gmail.com
It's very easily provable  Address 1PCnUKHyHjGjxYsaM4mcR1CKpyKLucq5R6 but then no one here or on bitcoin talk follows logic easily it seems

kenne...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 10:12:43 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
Do you mean that bitcoin deposits get 17,000 + 40%, so 23,800, or are you saying they now get even more than 23,800 per bitcoin?

David Irvine

Apr 22, 2014, 10:13:24 AM4/22/14
to maidsafe-d...@googlegroups.com
John, please watch the language and accusations, if you continue we will instruct a vote for removal from the list. This is something we should never do, so if you can at least moderate yourself a bit it would help. If you do continue we will have no choice but to seek everyone opinion on your further participation. This is very against everything I believe open forums should do, but there is a limit and you seem to be finding that. I ask you nicely to please quiet down a while and let people get on with building something that could be great for everyone on the planet. I am sorry you missed out, I am sure many did and at this rate people with BTC may well to near the end.

It is loading more messages.