Seeking comb

Jordan Wegner

Apr 25, 2019, 5:24:52 PM4/25/19
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Any beekeeper have extra comb that is food grade? I’m looking to incorporate and experiment with a new cocktail dedicated to the bees. With each sale going back to our community and education of our fellow pollinators.

Any leads or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Jordan Wegner
IT Marketing Manager
#SaveTheBees 🐝
#GrazeTogether 🏳️‍🌈
Fuegos - Steak•Tapas•Vegan
Where carnivores & vegans graze together...
jor...@fuegosmadison.com

jeanne hansen

Apr 25, 2019, 6:03:26 PM4/25/19
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Why not use comb honey in your cocktail?  That wax is certainly food grade, and easy to get.  Put a small chunk in each glass!

Jeanne Hansen
824 Jacobson Ave
Madison, WI 53714

Fuegos - Steak•Tapas•Vegan

jeanne hansen

Apr 25, 2019, 6:50:47 PM4/25/19
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Do you know about the Wisconsin Honey Producer's Assocaition?  They have a web site, and used to list beekeepers and what they sold.
Study all the tabs until you find that list - then call them all up to see who has comb honey.

I believe Dale Marsden does, in our group.  Dale, are you reading this??

Jeanne Hansen
824 Jacobson Ave
Madison, WI 53714

Scott Johnson

Apr 26, 2019, 11:25:17 AM4/26/19
to mad...@googlegroups.com, jor...@fuegosmadison.com
Hi Jordan and Mad Bees Folks,
There is a local guy (Dominic DeSano <dom...@domeloz.com>) distilling mead into one of the smoothest liquors I've ever tried: https://domeloz.com/
He's interested in it from the "save the bees" angle and might be worth getting in touch with, too.

Scott
Scott Johnson Ph.D.

Jordan Wegner

Apr 26, 2019, 11:58:10 AM4/26/19
to Scott Johnson, mad...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Scott! I believe we actually met with him for a tasting last week and will be carrying his product. We are really trying to get a unique component of the comb added to the beverage.

I am in current discussion with our landlords to allow for a hive on the rooftop or near our patio for our garden.
My only concern is the high traffic of persons on the patio may affect the bees? And customer complaints for those with small children and allergies. Hence why I’m leaning more towards the roof.

If there are any local keepers near Willy Street with recommendations of the city permit process and guidelines I’d be interested in meeting at Fuegos to discuss possible options.

This group is amazing!! Thank you all for your passion & dedication.