Starting to take orders for package bees

Mary Celley

Dec 13, 2017, 12:50:24 PM12/13/17
to madbees
I do not have a price list yet but hope to by end of year.  For those of you that have ordered already I will let you know.  They will once again be at  my farm in Brooklyn, WI.  15 miles southeast of Madison.  I will also be selling nucs and drawn comb to new beginners so you have a great start to starting your bees.  Phone number is 608-575-2449.  email bech...@aol.com.  Mary

Tom Borchardt

Dec 14, 2017, 4:29:54 PM12/14/17
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mary-

Please put me down for the usual 20 packages.

Honey production was way down this year but more colonies were alive at the end of the season than last year.  We will see what spring brings......

Have a great Christmas season and take some time to relax a bit.

Tom B.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 11:50 AM, 'Mary Celley' via madbees <mad...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I do not have a price list yet but hope to by end of year.  For those of you that have ordered already I will let you know.  They will once again be at  my farm in Brooklyn, WI.  15 miles southeast of Madison.  I will also be selling nucs and drawn comb to new beginners so you have a great start to starting your bees.  Phone number is 608-575-2449.  email bech...@aol.com.  Mary

Mary Celley

Dec 14, 2017, 5:53:47 PM12/14/17
to madbees
HI Tom, sounds good.  The honey flow really varied from county to county.  It is always a "crap shoot."  A lot of landscaping is changing all around us at alarming rates.  So many tree lines that separate fields are all being cut down.  Darn fools.  Just wait when the next dust bowl comes.  They will wish those trees were still standing.  Mary

Brad Keevil

Dec 15, 2017, 10:19:32 PM12/15/17
to madbees
I would like to order 2 packages please

Mary Celley

Dec 17, 2017, 8:26:56 AM12/17/17
to madbees
Hi Brad, need a phone number.  This week will be a good time to check your bees.  If they need feed, feed them.  High 40's.  Hearing of lots of losses already.  Started in August with robbing and high mite counts for people that did not know what to look for.  Once you get a mite bomb it is pretty much over.  Mary

DL

Dec 18, 2017, 10:22:29 AM12/18/17
to madbees
Question from a 2-yr newbie: How should I decide how many packages to order, not knowing how many hives will make it through the winter? If I order, but don't need them do I have to buy?

John Thompson

Dec 18, 2017, 10:36:54 AM12/18/17
to mad...@googlegroups.com
I'm an absolute noob myself, but I don't think you'll have any problems selling unneeded packages.
Someone has mentioned this would be a perfect time to check hives, with temps being in low 40's.

Brad Keevil

Dec 18, 2017, 11:02:48 AM12/18/17
to madbees

Mary Celley

Dec 18, 2017, 2:01:14 PM12/18/17
to madbees
DL, I usually have extras and you can check your bees when it gets into the 40's.  It often warms up for a day or two  in January which is another time to check.  Same in February and March. I can't stress enough, if they need food, feed them.  Mary......BeeCharmer-Beekeeper.

John Thompson

Dec 27, 2017, 1:21:03 PM12/27/17
to madbees
Hi Mary,
I sent you an email last week to your AOL address below about buying a couple of packages, but never got a response back. Did you get it?

John

Mary Celley

Dec 27, 2017, 8:50:52 PM12/27/17
to madbees
Hi John, I just found your email in spam.  Best to call me at 575-2449.  Not sure why it went to spam. Sorry about that.  On a side note, when this weather breaks, I hope it is a gradual warm up.  We are sure tested in keeping colonies alive in this climate!  Mary

Mary Celley

Jan 9, 2018, 3:16:57 PM1/9/18
to madbees
People are wondering if I am still taking orders.  I'm just beginning and will have bees available into June.  Best to check them in next couple of days.  Mid 40's. If they need feed, fed them.  So, if you lose any over the next few months you can call me and I can help you with getting going again.  Mary... I will have extra frames with drawn comb, honey, and pollen frames available for those just beginning.  I also have lots of deep equipment and some mediums for sale.

scott roberts

Jan 9, 2018, 4:16:48 PM1/9/18
to mad...@googlegroups.com
How much are the packages

Sent from myMail for iOS

Tuesday, January 9, 2018, 2:16 PM -0600 from mad...@googlegroups.com <mad...@googlegroups.com>:
[...]

Dale Marsden

Jan 9, 2018, 5:54:10 PM1/9/18
to Madbees Madbees, timwilb...@gmail.com, capitalb...@tds.net
Hi all,
Do you remember the "Cows on Parade"?
Well now there is "Bucky  on Parade."   If you remember I did a cow for "Cows on Parade."  It was "HoneyBCowmb."
(See attached Pic )
This last fall I entered "Bucky on Parade" and have submitted a design of Bucky you may be interested in having when the parade is done.
I have attached my design at the end of this email plus a gold Bucky to what I am working with, (they come white, ready to paint.)

Beatrice the Beekeeping Badger

Beatrice is dressed in a floral decorated pink bee suit carrying a skep full of friendly honeybees.

Materials to be used:

I will be using acrylic paints,  wire frameworks will form the skep and  attached hood and covered using epoxy resin coated firberglass.   The smoker will be a over-coated and attached to the base using epoxy resin and fiberglass.   The parade committee will coat it with UV varnishes so it will be virtually indestructible.

So I got the  following information today:
A quick update on Bucky on Parade. While my design has not been selected yet, sponsor selection will be ongoing until the end of January.
If you want to sponsor my Badger and see it become a reality, go to this website and sign up - $.  www.buckyonparade.com/sponsorship.

Thank you,
Dale Marsden
Marsden's Pure Honey LLC
McFarland, WI 53558
6098-838-3992

Marsden entry 1 of 2.jpg
Marsden Entry2 of 2.jpg
HoneyBCowmb.jpg
Bucky on Parade.jpg

jeanne hansen

Jan 9, 2018, 6:15:21 PM1/9/18
to 'Dale Marsden' via madbees
My goodness, Dale!  You are so creative.

Thanks!
Jeanne Hansen
824 Jacobson Ave
Madison, WI 53714
608-244-5094

John Thompson

Jan 19, 2018, 11:06:40 PM1/19/18
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Any updates on prices?

On Dec 13, 2017 11:50 AM, "'Mary Celley' via madbees" <mad...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I do not have a price list yet but hope to by end of year.  For those of you that have ordered already I will let you know.  They will once again be at  my farm in Brooklyn, WI.  15 miles southeast of Madison.  I will also be selling nucs and drawn comb to new beginners so you have a great start to starting your bees.  Phone number is 608-575-2449.  email bech...@aol.com.  Mary

Mary Celley

Jan 20, 2018, 1:24:37 PM1/20/18
to madbees
Today is the day to check and see if bees are alive.  They should be flying.  If they need feed, feed them.  Should have prices next week for bees.  I'm thinking they will be the same as last year.  Certified and inspected, from California.  Kona, Italian, and Carni queens. I start at the end of March and usually wrap it about the 1st week of May.