Pop-Up Sub Menus

Brian

Jan 9, 2002, 5:07:18 PM1/9/02
I can position the first submenu from the dropdown menu fine. I can
also adjust the the positioning of the 2nd layer submenus, and 3rd layer
submenus without a problem. What I am having difficulty with is when I
make changes to the 2nd level submenu, it makes the same changes to the
3rd level submenu. So bascially, any changes I make to a child menu, the
child menu below that incorporates the same changes. I would like to be
able to adjust these two child menu's independently. They are both
located under the same (1st submenu).

Does anyone have any ideas how I can do this? I'm assuming that I will
have to hack into the javascript code pretty deep. I was trying to
trace back the code to when the child menus are created (starting with
the addmenuitem), but it has been difficult.

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Kim Cavanaugh

Jan 9, 2002, 6:31:34 PM1/9/02
Brian,

What do you mean by change? Are you working in the dialog box to re-do the
text or links, or something else?

--
Kim Cavanaugh
Author of "Dreamweaver 4/Fireworks 4 Studio: A Beginner's Guide"

Brian

Jan 10, 2002, 10:04:13 AM1/10/02
Kim,
What I mean by 'change' is the horizontal and vertical positioning of each
child menu - or the x & y coordinates. I can position a child menu fine, but
the child menu that forms off of that one uses the same positioning
coordinates - I want to be able to modify the position of both of these two
child menus independently. Sorry I wasn't as clear in the first place.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian

Jan 10, 2002, 11:48:33 AM1/10/02
What I mean by 'change' is the horizontal and vertical positioning of
each
child menu - or the x & y coordinates. I can position a child menu
fine, but
the child menu that forms off of that one uses the same positioning
coordinates - I want to be able to modify the position of both of these
two
child menus independently. Sorry I wasn't as clear in the first place.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian

>Kim Cavanaugh wrote:

> Brian,
>
> What do you mean by change? Are you working in the dialog box to re-do
the
> text or links, or something else?

ekrudd

Jun 14, 2002, 4:45:41 PM6/14/02
Did you ever find a solution...I have the same issue? I need to be able to control ALL levels of the pop ups.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric Rudd

Referring URLs

Mark Haynes

Jun 14, 2002, 9:00:59 PM6/14/02

"\"ekrudd\" webforumsuser"@macromedia.com wrote:

Hi Eric:

The thread that you posted too has expired on my browser. Maybe you found it in Google.
I posted this a couple of weeks ago. I think it will be very informative if you are using Fireworks MX:

Use a pop-up Menu in Fireworks MX. Look at the code that is generated in the
function mmLoadMenus:

window.mm_menu_0604164722_0_1_1_1_1 = new
Menu("Whole Note",57,18,"Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif",12,"#ffffff","#000099","#000099","#ffcc66","left","middle",3,0,1000,-79,18,true,true,false,0,true,true);

This is the fifth level submenu as indicated by the five numbers: _0_1_1_1_1

What you are interested in is the control that enables the menu to be
horizontal or vertical. All of the arguments in that parenthesis are called in
a line in the mm_menu.js:

function Menu(label, mw, mh, fnt, fs, fclr, fhclr, bg, bgh, halgn, valgn, pad,
space, to, sx, sy, srel, opq, vert, idt, aw, ah)

Now all we need to do is to decipher what all those little letters mean, so
here's the run down:

label: menu item name = "Whole Note"
mw: menu width = 57
mh: menu height = 18
fnt: menu item font = "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"
fs: menu item font size = 12
fclr: font color (up) = "#ffffff"
fhclr: font hover color = "000099"
bg: background color = "000099"
bgh: background hover color = "ffcc66"
halgn: menu item horizontal align = "left"
valgn: menu item vertical align = "middle"
pad: menu item cell pad = 3
space: menu item cell space = 0
to: menu timeout = 1000 (1 second)
sx: menu relative position x = -79
sy: menu relative position y = 18
srel: submenu relative position = true (place in same position was not
checked)
opq: cell border visibility = true
vert: menu vertical = false (this sets the menu to be vertical)
idt: menu item indent = 0
aw: automatic width = true (controls whether the menu item width is set in
pixels or automatically)
ah: automatic height = true (controls whether the menu item height is set
in pixels or automatically)

Now you all know how to manipulate your menus from Fireworks MX!

Just remember that when you roundtrip the menus back through Fireworks, the
settings you change here will be overwritten by the settings you made in the
Fireworks file!

We're working this into a TechNote as we speak.

--
enthusiastically,
mark haynes