Could not complete your request. An internal error occurred.

l2ob

Jan 31, 2004, 12:46:08 PM1/31/04
I saved a file as a png then exported it as a jpg then when trying to edit the png later it gave me that error message and wouldn't open it. It's very annoying as I can never edit a saved image using vectors etc, it just began happening not too long ago.

I'm running Fireworks MX 2004
Windows XP
1GHz Pentium III
384 MB SDRAM

Thanks in advance.

l2ob

Jan 31, 2004, 3:35:46 PM1/31/04
bump, so maybe someone will reply

beroerd

Apr 19, 2004, 10:30:00 AM4/19/04
I am encountering a almost similar problem. Saving a png-file results in the error code mentioned in the title of this message. Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks...

GeckoFrog

Sep 7, 2004, 10:54:51 PM9/7/04
I have a bit more to add. I run into the same error - however, I have some
details. When I open any file that contains text that uses the Parade font on
my Mac OSX (Panther) I get that error. Also, if I start Fireworks, create a
new file and choose the text tool and then switch to the Parade font, I am able
to type about two letters before the app quits completely without error or
warning. Most other fonts seem to do fine.

Logical conclusion is that something's wrong with the font, right? However, I
can use the same font in every Adobe CS app and many others without issue. The
font is a dfont and even when I check it for errors or corruption in Suitcase,
it comes back clean. Clearly it's an issue with Fireworks reading this font
correctly, but I can't determine the cause or solution. Hopefully with this
detailed info someone can offer a suggestion?

Thank you.

Linda Rathgeber *TMM*

Sep 8, 2004, 3:54:21 PM9/8/04
GeckoFrog wrote:

> Logical conclusion is that something's wrong with the font, right? However, I
> can use the same font in every Adobe CS app and many others without issue.

Are you referring to the Microsoft font? I have no problem with it in
Fireworks on PC.

--
Cheers,
Linda Rathgeber

G0V.

Jan 10, 2006, 7:22:53 PM1/10/06
Seems like this is an old thread. I'm working on a 'big' file (1600*1200px,
not meant for web publishing) in FW8. Since it contains only vector shapes and
some filter effects, I can 'upsize' the file to 3200*2400px (I mean to print
it, not on a ordinary sized printer). This works fine and off course during
the process, all physical memory is being consumed, but I'm even able to save
the file. Just to make sure, I then close the file and re-open it (I'm working
in Windows...). Now I mean to once again 'upsize' the file to 6400px wide. It
once again eats all available ram and ends up with the nasty message that
entitles this tread, actually, it reads: "Could not render the database. An
internal error occurred." and off course I'm no longer able to see anything in
my file and when I try to save it anyhow FW tells me "Could not complete your
request. Not enough memory."
First, I usually deactivate virtual memory since most of the time the 2GB of
ram I have in the computer will just do. Off course when I intend to work with
a large file, I enable it and set up to 4GB of virtual memory, and off course I
reboot the computer. In which case it seems to me that FW may use up to 6GB of
ram, but it looks like it doesn't, it just consumes all physical ram and never
uses the virtual memory? Strange...
I wonder if this is a windows issue (if it is, well I guess I just have one
more reason to switch to Mac), or is it a FW issue... But actually I'm little
interested in who's fault it is, I wonder how I'm going to do to make my file
large enough, without having to convert/flatten all objects to bitmap (that
would be too easy, and above all, I would loose image quality).
May be the way I?m working is stupid? Basically, I work with a ?smaller? file
just to have the overall composition and effects just right, and it works
faster that way ; then I lock all objects and upsize the composition, and then
I run into these troubles?

Anyone ?

wahhsabee

Jan 10, 2006, 8:59:45 PM1/10/06
Originally posted by: G0V.

Anyone ?

Fireworks isn't intended to be used for print. I know it's sad news because
fireworks is so awesome, right? But, it just isn't. Perhaps you should consider
using an alternative such as Illustrator which is specifically for this sort of
thing.
:(

And with regards to the thread:
I've experienced this problem as well in the past. I believe it has occured
after I've had FW open for a very long time and have done many many edits and
have had many files open. Restarting FW helped the problem, but rebooting the
complete system seemed to be the best way to fix it. It hasn't occured in a
very long time now, however, and it was never a constant problem.

G0V.

Jan 11, 2006, 6:39:20 AM1/11/06

I?m a ColdFusion developer, so I'm not professionally in the printing
industry, that's may be why I didn't think about using a 'real' vector tool
(silly me).
Wahhsabee, I kind of was thinking the same about the memory issue. You're
talking about Illustrator, and I honestly didn't think about it, but let's not
(completely) forget the fantastic Freehand! So I copy/pasted all layers from
FW into Freehand, and guess what, it just works! Kept everything in vectors.
(FH asked me about it!) Even most effects are still there (but need some extra
tuning to visually mach exactly the 'FW version').

When I use FW for what it's intended to be used, I never experience this
memory problem, so I guess it really must be that it's not intended to work
with large files. Also, watch out about 'large file', I've been working with
files of several MB?s and had no issues, but the files were always kept small
in terms of screen size (usually never much wider than 1000px). The file I was
having this issue with (3000px +) weights only 500KB! Well, size sometimes
just matters, it's just a question about what kind of size we're talking
about...

BTW, Fireworks IS an awesome program !

countonme99

Feb 22, 2007, 9:00:53 PM2/22/07
I use Fireworks on both Win and Mac platforms, and when it started giving me
trouble on my Win XP machine, I started using fireworks on my iBook more.
Worked OK for a while, then started having same /similar problems on the Mac as
the PC. So, while switching to Mac may be good on some level, (I still use
both for various things,) now that fireworks is giving me trouble on both
platforms, I just want to toss them BOTH out the window, instead of only the PC!
I had been creating some rather large files on both which took ages to render,
but the files I am having trouble with are not as large as others I
successfully created. I haven't used any fonts in my projects, so I don't
think that's the problem, I am leaning towards the extensions I installed or
the update being the problem. No answer yet, only more questions!

countonme99

Feb 22, 2007, 9:03:51 PM2/22/07
PS I haven't ever gotten not enough memory message, though wondered if it was a memory issue. I also increased paging file size to no avail.

mert14

Feb 26, 2007, 1:18:26 PM2/26/07
I am encountering this error message in Fireworks 8. If want to replicate
something across the screen to make it appear larger than the photo is. I use
the Marquee tool and select the area that I want and I hold down ?Ctrl and Alt?
and hold down the right or left arrow. After doing this several times it
causes the internal error to occur (?Could not complete your request. An
internal error occurred?). I tried deleting the fireworks prefs file and that
did not solve the issue. How do I troubleshoot?

tkachuk7

Feb 27, 2007, 11:50:08 AM2/27/07
I'm having the same problem. I created about 3 dozen .png files and saved them
to the network server. Now I cannot open them again. When I double-click the
file to open, Fireworks starts up, then I get the "Could not complete your
request. An internal error occurred." I don't think it's a font issue since all
the files used only Arial. I'm hoping someone offers up a solution soon, or
I'll have to begin recreating the files in Photoshop.

Jacqui Pedersen

Jan 23, 2008, 12:55:52 PM1/23/08
It was absolutely a font problem for me. I made a Fireworks 8 Application Set in Adobe Type Manager and VOILA! I can now open everything.

heathrowe

Jan 23, 2008, 11:10:29 PM1/23/08
tkachuk7 - is it possibly due to Network permissions?

try - copying the files from the Server to your machine and see what happens when you open it locally.