Re: [Macaulay2] Small typo in frobby version on M2 repo

Daniel R. Grayson

May 18, 2013, 5:21:51 PM5/18/13
to maca...@googlegroups.com
It's clearly a misprint, so I'll patch it. But I wonder why it
compiles for us on numerous versions of gcc. What version of what
compiler are you using?

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Andrés Goens <and...@goens.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to compile a M2 from the git repo (I took the one on
> https://github.com/Macaulay2/M2, but I guess since it gets downloaded it
> would happen with other ones as well). When compiling with --enable-download
> on the configure script, it would not build.
> It complained about a wrong type on line 143 of the file
> StatisticsStrategy.cpp on src/ of frobby, which read
> mpz_class q = mpq_class(_subGenSum) / _nodeCount;
>
> I assume it was a typo, and changing it to
>
> mpq_class q = mpq_class(_subGenSum) / _nodeCount;
>
> made everything compile. I thought it would be wise to post it here,
> especially since most of you I'd imagine have an already-built version of it
> and it makes it harder to spot like that.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andrés Goens

Thomas Kahle

May 19, 2013, 11:20:41 AM5/19/13
to maca...@googlegroups.com
On 17:21 Sat 18 May 2013, Daniel R. Grayson wrote:
> It's clearly a misprint, so I'll patch it. But I wonder why it
> compiles for us on numerous versions of gcc. What version of what
> compiler are you using?

We also patched this in Gentoo. It happens with newer versions of
gmp/mpir because some implicit conversions have been removed.

Cheers,
Thomas
--
Thomas Kahle