Impressive CNC, mold and resin casting guide (with an eye to robot mechanics) - Anyone tried this?

已查看 67 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Mike Lutz

未读,
2012年10月21日 21:40:152012/10/21
收件人 LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
The "Guerrilla guide to CNC machining" http://http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/gcnc/ is sitting at the top of Hacker News right now, and strikes me as a fairly amazing overview of the process of working toward custom robot mechanics via CNC molds and resin casts.

This is the first I've seen this guide (though google seems to say versions have been around as far back as 2008) and it seems amazingly complete (... though I could be fooled, I'm new to much of this).

Has anyone in LVL1-land done fine spec CNC molds? I know there is a CNC in the basement, but I was assuming that was for large course projects. I hadn't realized, until I read this guide, that small, cheap-ish CNCs were hitting such a high precision.

-Mike

Ben Hibben

未读,
2012年10月22日 11:01:042012/10/22
收件人 lv...@googlegroups.com
Nicely written -- some arts of that should be posted as printouts nar our mill so people know how to use it properly (and don't overload it).

Blenster

Raj

未读,
2012年10月22日 13:01:392012/10/22
收件人 lv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the guide.  I believe the larger CNC machine we have in the basement is accurate to within 1/64 of an inch, according to Brian.  We also have a smaller CNC in the big room, a ZenBot 1216 http://www.zenbotcnc.com/all-products/zenbot-1216-cnc-router , that is supposed to be accurate enough to mill PCBs.  I don't know the current status, but if it's up and running it should be able to make fine-spec molds.