Max no of iterations for vugrn 12 trial version

piyush gupta

Jun 28, 2016, 1:58:39 PM6/28/16
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
I am using Vugen 12 trail version.In run time settings I am able to provide max iterations 10,000.I thought it ahould be unlimited.

Any solution.

Thanks
Piyush Gupta

James Pulley

Jun 28, 2016, 2:06:10 PM6/28/16
to LoadRunner, lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
Assuming one minute per iteration and zero additional time due to pacing, 10,000 minutes represents a test duration of 166++ hours.  That's a supremely long test: Close to seven days in duration.

You might want to consider a review of the tutorial and training material on the scheduler and how the schedule use relates to the number of iterations in the run time settings.  You may find something there which could be of some assistance if you need a test which runs that long.

piyush gupta

Jun 29, 2016, 9:31:39 AM6/29/16
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
I am creating a big xml using a prototype .and in 10,000 iteration its taking few minutes.I want to increase iteration so do I need to change some settings in some configuration file.

Thanks
Piyush Gupta

James Pulley

Jun 29, 2016, 10:35:56 AM6/29/16
to LoadRunner
Action()
{

int foo=0;

for ( foo=1; foo<=32767; foo++}

{

//  My actions in a loop

if ( foo % 50  == 0 ) lr_message("loop iteration %d",foo);

}

     lr_message
("loop of greater than 10,000 completed.....");

return 0;
}

On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 1:58:39 PM UTC-4, piyush wrote:
I am using Vugen 12 trail version.In run time settings I am able to provide max iterations 10,000.I thought it ahould be unlimited.

Any solution.

Thanks
Piyush Gupta

André Luyer

Jul 2, 2016, 4:08:19 PM7/2/16
to LoadRunner
Turning off the debugger will also help, see:

But just to generate a large text (XML) file it is probably easier/faster to use Perl instead (installed as part of Vugen).

André

On Wednesday, 29 June 2016 16:35:56 UTC+2, James Pulley wrote:
Action()
{

int foo=0;

for ( foo=1; foo<=32767; foo++}