LoadRunner for FREE

Shane (HP)

Sep 10, 2014, 4:03:58 PM9/10/14
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
Apologies for the duplicate post from Facebook, but I feel it needs to be said here as well...

Ladies and Gentlemen... I've seen a lot of posts lately asking questions about LoadRunner 9.5 and 11.00, and I can only assume it is because there are license keys floating around the Internet for these versions. I get it, free is good.

But I want to make sure everyone is aware that LoadRunner 12 (www.hp.com/go/loadrunner) comes with 50 FREE, perpetual (as in forever) virtual users across all protocols except COM/DCOM, Templates and GUI. The intention here was to bring the latest features to you, including Mobile protocols, the latest in TruClient, integration with Jenkins, Visual Studio and Eclipse, the new Virtual Table Server (VTS) and scaling using Amazon or HP Cloud LGs in a matter of minutes. I could go on and on about the features; but more importantly, you should use the latest version to ensure it is fast, secure and reliable for your business needs.

I know there will always be pirating. This is why we made it free to use. If you need to run a test larger than 50 users, you can easily and inexpensively scale up with VUDs purchased at www.pronq.com/buy/loadrunner using a credit card or Paypal.

This is also by far the best release yet. Did I mention it is FREE? So please, check it out!

amit gupta

Sep 11, 2014, 5:23:14 AM9/11/14
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
LR 12 community license edition is game changer for HP. They are moving away from that 10Vuser trial license and bring more and more Performance freaks to use the tool. Currently with most of the POC and small PT work is go to tools like Jmeter which has limited capacity of analysis(not to dmean jmeter, i used most of the time). But with community edition it's great to leverage the LR. The LR 12 is fantastic and i started using and resolve some of my issues pending to explore on jmeter.

In India LR piracy market is highest it will hit them the most. Many institution teach a low value of LR knowledge will go off with this. It's been a long wait and HP bring smile to all Performance engineers. Kudos and as it said community edition, I believe we should see more and more enhancement and user friendly features will come up.

Thanks
Amit

Taran

Sep 11, 2014, 9:26:59 AM9/11/14
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
Well said :)

Sent from my iPhone

Kevyland

Sep 11, 2014, 9:30:23 AM9/11/14
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
+1

Ramesh Viswanathan

Sep 12, 2014, 8:42:37 AM9/12/14
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
It is high time the IP Address are tracked for illegal usage of LoadRunner tool. It is appreciable that HP provides 50 VUsers but it does not mean they misuse the very purpose.

Sent from my iPhone

Shane (HP)

rbh...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2015, 9:40:23 PM6/16/15
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com

Hi Shane
I downloaded. It works fine.
I cannot record any windows application with winsoc protocol- It lauches the calculator application but does not record anything.
Also - I do not know how to install the certificate.  Not sure where to go for this?
Thanks
Rita

Selvakr

Jul 10, 2016, 6:17:27 PM7/10/16
to LoadRunner
Shane -

Does this mean there is no trail license and anyone can download LR12 and use it for their testing with 50 users just like JMeter?

Selva

James Pulley

Jul 10, 2016, 6:20:19 PM7/10/16
to LoadRunner
Read the license agreement.  It explains all.....