Installing in ubuntu did not work:: npm install -g strongloop

Hassan Khan

Nov 22, 2014, 11:23:50 PM11/22/14
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
I installed, seems like it installed fine in /usr/local/bin/slc. When I try to create an app $slc loopback, nothing happens. Command prompt appears. It is not even responding to basic options. Kind of stuck. I am using Ubuntu 14.01.1.

reza@ubuntu:~/nodeprojects$ slc version
reza@ubuntu:~/nodeprojects$

Paul Van Bladel

Nov 24, 2014, 5:12:25 AM11/24/14
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
Does Node work?
In case not, Ubuntu has already a package called Node, so you need to create a symlink:

sudo ln -s /usr/bin/nodejs /usr/bin/node
The above worked for me.
-paul.

Simon Ho

Nov 25, 2014, 2:41:23 AM11/25/14
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
As Paul stated, do you have Node installed properly? Is npm installed properly? What is the output of `node -v` and `npm -v`?

Sumitha Nathan

Nov 25, 2014, 12:08:50 PM11/25/14
to loopb...@googlegroups.com, Rand McKinney
Reza,

Noticed you comment on the blog as well, answering it here. One of our other users pointed out that on ubuntu we need a few additional steps. We are in the process of adding to docs too. Please try this.

You need to add the slc path to your .bashrc file like this:

First add this to the end of the .bashrc:

export PATH=/root/npm/bin:$PATH

Then reset your console source with this:

$ source .bashrc

That works otherwise slc is registered to something called heimdal-multidev

"npm install -g strongloop" installs fine, but does not register a path.

and let us know.

Sumitha Nathan

Nov 25, 2014, 7:15:04 PM11/25/14
to loopb...@googlegroups.com, ra...@strongloop.com

Can you tell us the output of "which slc" to see if it is picking the right slc.

Lee Johnson

Feb 7, 2015, 3:44:55 AM2/7/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com, ra...@strongloop.com
I'm having the same issue in Ubuntu. I've added this to my .bashrc file and also reset but it's still picking up heimdal-multidev. Are we sure that the path is correct?

Antriksh Yadav

Mar 23, 2015, 8:25:40 PM3/23/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com, ra...@strongloop.com
I have the same issue. Has someone resolved this yet? I am getting really frustrated.

吕锦昂

Mar 24, 2015, 11:27:30 PM3/24/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
I solved this by install `node-legacy` in ubuntu, apt-get install node-legacy.