Let's create a new logo for London Arduino!

Marc

Jun 25, 2013, 1:05:56 PM6/25/13
to lond...@googlegroups.com
For our London Arduino booth at the London Maker Faire it would be great to have a new logo for the group.

The existing one is more a title than a logo as it was created in a rush when I created the group. We now need something more relevant to makers and electronics. Anybody want to have a go?

For inspiration:
- A simple and clean logo, easy to remember and print
- text: "London Arduino" or "Londuino"
- better if it could work for a black & white version

Wining designer will get credited on the group and website under a Creative Commons licence.

Feel free to post comments. questions on suggestions here or on the meetup discussion page.

cheers

Andy from Workshopshed

Jun 26, 2013, 9:08:14 AM6/26/13
to lond...@googlegroups.com
I'm not an ace graphic designer myself by could the Open Hardware icon be linked with the Millenium Eye and the houses of Parliment?

Diego Oriani

Jun 27, 2013, 6:49:19 AM6/27/13
to lond...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys,

My name is Diego and I recently joined your Meetup group. I notice that you guys are trying to come up with a logo for the group so during my spare time I've been pushing some pixels playing around with a few ideas I had. Like Andy, I am not a Graphic Designer but I do know how to use Photoshop and Illustrator ;-) I am happy to share the original illustrator file so more than one person can have a go. The logos wouldn't work on it's own, a label 'London Arduino' would sit somewhere around. I have a few typefaces in mind but I need to find it first. Feedback's are more than welcome.

Best,

Marc

Jun 27, 2013, 7:24:49 AM6/27/13
to lond...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys

really love your enthusiasm about the logo! Let's build on the momentum.

I completely forgot to mention what values and key information this logo should convey!

2 key points:
- I think it is important to focus on the local aspect of the group: we are London based!
- Activity: our community offers a playground for electronics (not only arduino boards)

A mashup of this 2 elements could work quite well.
For inspiration, I like how this logo includes London and the theme of the group: http://www.meetup.com/londonvideo/

Hope it helps giving you an idea, let's have a go at this!

thanks

Marc

Diego Oriani

Jun 27, 2013, 8:59:47 AM6/27/13
to lond...@googlegroups.com
Gotcha. Having more time I will try to develop something around those philosophies.

Marc

Jun 27, 2013, 9:10:23 AM6/27/13
to lond...@googlegroups.com
that's great Diego, can't wait to see what you guys will come up with.

cheers

Marc

Jun 27, 2013, 10:02:09 AM6/27/13
to lond...@googlegroups.com

Diego Oriani

Jun 27, 2013, 1:04:11 PM6/27/13
to lond...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc,

I had similar an similar idea about using the Underground sign as base for the logo. The two designs below relies on the silhouette of the symbol to create an association with London. Thanks for the links above, there are some nice ideas there.

Marc

Jun 27, 2013, 1:10:35 PM6/27/13
to lond...@googlegroups.com
God you work fast Diego! This looks really good, love the font and the tracks. Keep them coming!

Andy from Workshopshed

Jun 28, 2013, 3:13:08 AM6/28/13
to lond...@googlegroups.com
I really like these ones. Nice design Diego.

Diego Oriani

Jun 28, 2013, 5:13:01 AM6/28/13
to lond...@googlegroups.com
Thank you guys. Having more time I will continue playing with other ideas.