Re: [london-hack-space] Restart Party at next Hackspace Open Day?

Sam Kelly

Jul 15, 2013, 8:59:45 AM7/15/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Approval here.

On 15 Jul 2013 13:44, "Marc Barto" <marc....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all

tl;dr:
Proposal for activity at Hackspace Open day: Any objections to have the Restart Project hosting one of their repair parties in the classroom?

Some members already discussed having a party at the space, here is more info:
Repair Parties are fun and free community events where volunteers with varying levels of technical knowledge, but all with a passion for repair and a lot of curiosity, help others learn to repair and perform maintenance to their broken or slow devices.

Details
From 2 to 5pm in the classroom. We already have 2 repairers (including a hackspace member) plus a host but we welcome more volunteers.

Numbers: For comparison at the recent Maker Faire their stand only brought 14 items (so about 20 new participants being seen by 7 "restarters") and a lot of passing queries,  so the Classroom would be more than enough, and the party would be a great addition to the Open Day without being disruptive.

There is also now a wiki page here (thanks Ten Yen) to summarise this proposal.

Let me know if any questions

Thanks

Marc

Clare Greenhalgh

Jul 15, 2013, 9:14:45 AM7/15/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Sounds good!

Paddy Duncan

Jul 15, 2013, 1:04:30 PM7/15/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

You can pencil me in for volunteering if you like Marc :)

Paddy

Marc Barto

Jul 22, 2013, 6:55:14 AM7/22/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, pad...@padski.co.uk
Hi all

This is now confirmed, which means you can bring your broken electronics from 2pm during the Open Day and learn with a repairer how to fix them. We have already a few volunteers but we can certainly do with more!

On a separate note, we'll have some Music Hackspace devices (Kacper's) and some Not Just Arduino members will demo robots/drones projects (more details tbc).

All info on the Open Day wiki, please add your projects!