Joypad Party this Saturday round the corner from the space

Benjamin Blundell

Apr 13, 2015, 12:46:18 PM4/13/15
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
http://ovalspace.co.uk/events/view/joypad-presents-super-warehouse-gaming-party-180515/

Anyone fancy it? Figured I go to at least one, see what it's like?

Henry Sands

Apr 13, 2015, 1:29:23 PM4/13/15
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, o...@section9.co.uk
I'll pop along

Toria

Apr 13, 2015, 8:33:31 PM4/13/15
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Been a few times.
They have some major issues,
-don't effectively rotate people around the games,
-people:game awful, lots of waiting,
-tiny room, terrible ventilation,
-when things break you're generally waiting 5min+ for it to be fixed
-don't serve water (or anything decently similar and actually hydrating)

Basically, poor orginisation and care all round, not up to the standards of wild rumpus, gamerdisco or Loading.

Benjamin Blundell

Apr 14, 2015, 4:45:04 AM4/14/15
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Ah well! :) Ticket still booked! Gonna see if they've improved somewhat... if not, I'll run screaming back to the space and fire up the big telly! :D

Henry Sands

Apr 14, 2015, 4:52:36 AM4/14/15
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, o...@section9.co.uk
Jasper has graciously donated a sega 32x, so we can have some star wars sillyness!

Benjamin Blundell

Apr 14, 2015, 4:56:27 AM4/14/15
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Sweet! I'm gonna rock up there at about 9pm, as I'm covering the tweed run event till 6pm on my Ambulance Bike, so I'll have to dash over from Waterloo once my shift finishes. Hopefully won't be too long :)

Toria

Apr 15, 2015, 12:45:32 PM4/15/15
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, o...@section9.co.uk
OoooOOoohh, had a chat with the guy who runs it, sounds like they sorted out a lot of their issues.
Serve water now and re-arranged the room for betterness.
Still, i'll be at Loading for awesome free chiptune and games. <3
Let us know how it goes?