How to Proxy Vote in the AGM on Wednesday (tomorrow!)

Akki

Nov 26, 2013, 4:46:16 AM11/26/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

Since there's one important resolution on the AGM on Wednesday, a lot of people have been asking how they can proxy vote if unable to attend the AGM tomorrow evening.

So here's a handy how-to guide!

- Find someone going to the AGM you'd like to proxyvote for yourself
- Email trus...@london.hackspace.org.uk FROM THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU USE AS YOUR HACKSPACE LOG IN stating:
  * your full name,
  * who you'd like to nominate as your proxy voter and say it's at the AGM
  * (optionally, your vote, although this can be kept confidential between you and your proxy voter before the actual voting)
  * and postal address as given in your membership details*.

*There is a bit of debate about if it's necessary to give the postal address as the Articles[1] gives you the option for postal or (registered with hackspace) email address in this case as it's electronic communications. Technically postal address would be a more solid way of confirming identity but... use your own judgement.

If you wish to read the full legal version of proxy notices, it's in Section 18 of the Articles https://london.hackspace.org.uk/organisation/docs/articles.pdf

[1] https://london.hackspace.org.uk/organisation/docs/articles.pdf Section 1. Address definition

Regards,

Heather Sullivan (Akki)

Ten Yen

Nov 26, 2013, 1:00:58 PM11/26/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Heya,

X Akki <beloved...@gmail.com> [2013-11-26 09:46] :
> Since there's one important resolution on the AGM on Wednesday, a lot of
> people have been asking how they can proxy vote if unable to attend the AGM
> tomorrow evening.
> So here's a handy how-to guide!

yikes. so I'm all about knowing your "constituitonal rights"
and getting to know and trust other members but I'm very hesistant in getting
people to use them them, especially if it might inconvenience the
directors/trustess, unless absolutely necsessary. I think Marks reply to my
original thread summarises all the points very well but particularly:

"actually stands a good chance of *reducing* our income by permanently
reducing the number of subscriptions"

makes me think that this is unlikely to pass. if it does
my armchair slacktivist suggests "voting" wih your "feet"
by donating two months worth of your current subscribtion (if you can),
so as not to harm the short-term viability and give time for a reversing
vote/EGM/onlne poll/whatever, and then cancelling you subscription.

I'm also probably hugely over-estimating the amount of people willing
to do anything in time to make a difference let alone reading this ;)

heh,

--
http://tenyen.net/

Mark Steward

Nov 26, 2013, 1:12:35 PM11/26/13
On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Ten Yen <ten...@tenyen.net> wrote:
Heya,

X Akki <beloved...@gmail.com> [2013-11-26 09:46] :
> Since there's one important resolution on the AGM on Wednesday, a lot of
> people have been asking how they can proxy vote if unable to attend the AGM
> tomorrow evening.
> So here's a handy how-to guide!

yikes.   so I'm all about knowing your "constituitonal rights"
and getting to know and trust other members but I'm very hesistant in getting
people to use them them, especially if it might inconvenience the
directors/trustess, unless absolutely necsessary.
I'm also probably hugely over-estimating the amount of people willing
to do anything in time to make a difference let alone reading this ;)

I wouldn't worry about that too much - we've already got indication of 7 proxy voters due to this proposal, and I expect more.

Mark

Rob Kam

Nov 26, 2013, 1:57:21 PM11/26/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
>Find someone going to the AGM you'd like to proxyvote for yourself
Please is there someone going to the AGM who could proxyvote for myself?

Rob
Message has been deleted

Tim Reynolds

Nov 26, 2013, 3:13:13 PM11/26/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'll proxy vote for anyone. Email me at t...@christwithfries.net with the
details outlined above. Alternatively, send it straight to
trus...@london.hackspace.org.uk

Russ Garrett

Nov 26, 2013, 3:17:37 PM11/26/13
to London Hack Space

It needs to be sent straight to trustees@ with the details as per the advice earlier on this list.

On 26 Nov 2013 20:13, "Tim Reynolds" <t...@christwithfries.net> wrote:
I'll proxy vote for anyone. Email me at t...@christwithfries.net with the details outlined above. Alternatively, send it straight to trus...@london.hackspace.org.uk

On 26/11/2013 18:57, Rob Kam wrote:
Find someone going to the AGM you'd like to proxyvote for yourself
Please is there someone going to the AGM who could proxyvote for myself?

Rob

Tim Reynolds

Nov 26, 2013, 3:18:11 PM11/26/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I promise I can read.

On 26/11/2013 20:17, Russ Garrett wrote:
> It needs to be sent straight to trustees@ with the details as per the
> advice earlier on this list.
>
> On 26 Nov 2013 20:13, "Tim Reynolds" <t...@christwithfries.net
> <mailto:t...@christwithfries.net>> wrote:
>
> I'll proxy vote for anyone. Email me at t...@christwithfries.net
> <mailto:t...@christwithfries.net> with the details outlined above.
> Alternatively, send it straight to
> trus...@london.hackspace.org.__uk
> <mailto:trus...@london.hackspace.org.uk>
>
> On 26/11/2013 18:57, Rob Kam wrote:
>
> Find someone going to the AGM you'd like to proxyvote for
> yourself
>
> Please is there someone going to the AGM who could proxyvote for
> myself?
>
> Rob
>
> --
>

> --

Rob Kam

Nov 26, 2013, 3:25:49 PM11/26/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
My thanks Booya and Tim.

details outlined above. Alternatively, send it straight to
trus...@london.hackspace.org.uk

On 26/11/2013 18:57, Rob Kam wrote:
>>Find someone going to the AGM you'd like to proxyvote for yourself
> Please is there someone going to the AGM who could proxyvote for myself?
>
> Rob

Paul Randle-Jolliffe

Nov 26, 2013, 7:44:45 PM11/26/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com