[Trustee] Personal items and plans moving forward

Henry Sands

Jul 27, 2017, 4:54:12 AM7/27/17
to London Hackspace
Hi LHS members,

As you probably know, the lease on our current property (447 Hackney Road) ends on March of next year (2018). In the time before then, we need to start making an effort to thin out some of the items and personal belongings occupying the space.

Some of these include:-

Members boxes
Can members with boxes start thinking about emptying them and possibly stacking the empty boxes in a pile. If you need use of a members box, please try and empty it as quickly as possible after use.

Large projects
Any large projects in the space need to be removed prior to moving and alternate storage found. There may not be space to store your project in whatever building we end up renting, so don't rely on it.

Loaned tools and equipment
Members who have loaned tools to the hackspace need to start looking for alternate storage or contact the trustees regarding the tools future at the hackspace. We will try to accommodate everything that we currently have, but in some situations that might just not be possible.

There is no urgency for any of the above, we're just trying to give all members as much time as possible to sort out any personal items.

Everything that we don't have to box and move on the day will save time, money and effort, doubly so if we end up having to put items in storage whilst contracts are sorted out.

We'll try and keep everyone as up to date as possible regarding plans and new premises.

As always, the trustees can be contacted at trus...@london.hackspace.org.uk.

Kind regards,
Henry
On Behalf of the London Hackspace Trustees

Peter "Sci" Turpin

Jul 27, 2017, 9:47:17 AM7/27/17
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Small clarification request: Is it the start or end of March that the
lease ends?

On 27/07/2017 09:54, 'Henry Sands' via London Hackspace wrote:
> Hi LHS members,
>
> As you probably know, the lease on our current property (447 Hackney
> Road) ends on March of next year (2018). In the time before then, we
> need to start making an effort to thin out some of the items and
> personal belongings occupying the space.
>
> Some of these include:-
>
> *Members boxes*
> Can members with boxes start thinking about emptying them and possibly
> stacking the empty boxes in a pile. If you need use of a members box,
> please try and empty it as quickly as possible after use.

If I can arrange with Andy or someone else with database access &
authorisation, then we can do another members box clear-out to help. We
can also look to move remaining boxes to new locations and dismantle any
completely cleared out shelves to prevent build-up again.

> *Large projects*
> Any large projects in the space need to be removed prior to moving and
> alternate storage found. There may not be space to store your project in
> whatever building we end up renting, so don't rely on it.

There's currently 83 projects in the storage system currently showing as
"passed deadline".
That's not including the items that are being stored without approval
(the "large volume 3D printer frame" for example, which was marked as
removed by Phil in January, but is still in the electronics area).

We'll need to clear up what projects we're actually waiting on people to
remove and what's already abandoned.

> *Loaned tools and equipment*

Paddy Duncan

Jul 27, 2017, 9:55:21 AM7/27/17
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, pad...@padski.co.uk
Middle, the 14th

Nigel Worsley

Jul 27, 2017, 10:10:58 AM7/27/17
to london-hack-space, Брат Даждьбог
On 27 July 2017 at 14:55, Paddy Duncan <pad...@padski.co.uk> wrote:
> Middle, the 14th

32 weeks to go then: https://tinyurl.com/y8upduqr

Nigle

Henry Sands

Jul 27, 2017, 11:27:38 AM7/27/17
to London Hackspace
We need to get stuff moved weeks before the lease ends as we'll need to spent the rest of the time repairing/cleaning up 447.

No huge rush on the members box thing as yet, ideally we carry no members boxes over to the new site as there may not even be a members box system in the future, dependant on space available (who knows!).

We'll probably start being quite brutal nearer the move date with an eventuality of "pick it up or it gets skipped."