Does the space want a pod of 3 airplane seats ? (three seats joined together in a row)

Jon Russell

Jun 4, 2013, 11:36:51 AM6/4/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
My office is getting rid of them.

I can deliver them to the space.

Regards,

Jon.

Jonty Wareing

Jun 4, 2013, 11:46:15 AM6/4/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Initial reaction is yes from me. What does everyone else think?

--jonty
> Groups "London Hackspace" group.
> an email to london-hack-sp...@googlegroups.com.

wyan std

Jun 4, 2013, 11:47:03 AM6/4/13
to london-hack-space
Hell yeah!

Vic Casambros (M6BOK)

Jun 4, 2013, 11:47:20 AM6/4/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Do they have the seatbelts still ?

Russ Garrett

Jun 4, 2013, 11:47:19 AM6/4/13
to London Hack Space
More seats are always needed. And plane seats are a nice change from
office chairs.
--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

Tim Reynolds

Jun 4, 2013, 11:48:22 AM6/4/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Do they have the audio jacks? REsounding yes from me.

Jon Russell

Jun 4, 2013, 12:56:28 PM6/4/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Cool.

I'll try and get them. I might not have been the first to claim them. I'll try and get a photo.

From memory, I think they have seat belts. Not sure about headphone jacks.

Regards,

Jon.

Jasper Wallace

Jun 4, 2013, 4:00:54 PM6/4/13
On Tue, 4 Jun 2013, Jon Russell wrote:

> My office is getting rid of them.

How big are they? how heavy are they? can you work at a desk in front of
them or are they too low?

Could you link to a picture?

If they can't be eaisly moved about they aren'y going to be that useful
(It's nice to keep the space eaisly reconfigurable), I think we've got
enough sofas for the moment.

--
[http://pointless.net/] [0x2ECA0975]

Adrian Godwin

Jun 4, 2013, 4:05:58 PM6/4/13
to london-hack-space
Maybe you could mount them on the wall. A bunk-sofa.

David Sullivan

Jun 4, 2013, 6:04:24 PM6/4/13
On Tuesday, 4 June 2013 21:00:54 UTC+1, jasper wrote:
How big are they? how heavy are they? can you work at a desk in front of
them or are they too low?

Could you link to a picture?

If they can't be eaisly moved about they aren'y going to be that useful
(It's nice to keep the space eaisly reconfigurable), I think we've got
enough sofas for the moment.

Airline seats are designed to be bolted to a floor and reasonable lightweight so it should be possible to bolt them to some locking castors or a surface if they're too awkward to just lift. The blue two seater sofa isn't brilliant in my point of view so if it could fit in a similar amount of space could be a decent swap. Need a picture and a little more information to make an informed choice.

Sully.

Jon Russell

Jun 6, 2013, 1:19:49 PM6/6/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cykdwrevlnjk3kb/aircraft%20chairs.jpg

I'll drop them in next week ...

Regards,

Jon.

Tim Reynolds

Jun 6, 2013, 1:25:47 PM6/6/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Haha theese look fantastic. Thankyou so much.

tgreer

Jun 6, 2013, 1:45:18 PM6/6/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
These seats are pointless and will be a waste of space. No we don't want them.

Martin (Crypt)

Jun 6, 2013, 1:53:36 PM6/6/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I actuall have to agree, from my experiece of cheap airline seats, they're rediculously uncomfortable, and probably no good for sitting at a desk.  While they may look kinda cool for a while, I think another sofa would be more practical and comfortable if we need more relaxed seating, which currently i'm not sure we do anyway.

Jonty Wareing

Jun 6, 2013, 1:57:45 PM6/6/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I refer to the initial offer thread in which a large number of people
said yes, as long as they were mounted on castors.

I see no harm in taking them in the short term, then disposing of them
if they prove unsuitable or nobody fixes them up. There are plenty of
ridiculous startups nearby that will take them.

--jonty

Jun 6, 2013, 2:05:26 PM6/6/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Cool, who's going to take responsibility for this project?

Mark

Tim Reynolds

Jun 6, 2013, 2:16:47 PM6/6/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'll clean them up and make the usable as a sofa.