uv exposure box?

Jasper Wallace

Mar 19, 2014, 6:46:32 AM3/19/14
to london-hack-space

So at this point we've pretty much given up on seeing it again.

Does anyone have one they can donate?

If not I'll start a pledge for a new one.

If someone knows what we need can they find a sutible model and supplier?

We're close to having the etch tank working again so wer're going to
need one quite soon!

--
[http://pointless.net/] [0x2ECA0975]

Men tar

Mar 19, 2014, 7:00:07 AM3/19/14
to london-hack-space
I've managed to get a similar one from ebay for £53 as I need it for my projects. I don't want to donate it as I'm afraid history will just repeat itself(chrismc donated the previous one). If we address the security issue then maybe can do a micro-pledge? I'll put forward a tenner so if I get £43 I'll give it to the space. As for the security aspect maybe we can use one of the olympic lockers for it (along with some of the etching/development chemicals)?

--
[http://pointless.net/]                                   [0x2ECA0975]

Aden

Mar 19, 2014, 7:04:50 AM3/19/14
to london-hack-space
It's a strange thing to steal, so it's unlikely the person that stole it would want to steal another one.

Jasper Wallace

Mar 19, 2014, 7:04:47 AM3/19/14
to london-hack-space
On Wed, 19 Mar 2014, Men tar wrote:

> I've managed to get a similar one from ebay for £53 as I need it for my projects. I don't want to donate it
> as I'm afraid history will just repeat itself(chrismc donated the previous one). If we address the security
> issue then maybe can do a micro-pledge? I'll put forward a tenner so if I get £43 I'll give it to the
> space. As for the security aspect maybe we can use one of the olympic lockers for it (along with some of
> the etching/development chemicals)?

using a locker is a good idea, esp. with the chemicals.

> On 19 March 2014 10:46, Jasper Wallace <jas...@pointless.net> wrote:
>
> So at this point we've pretty much given up on seeing it again.
>
> Does anyone have one they can donate?
>
> If not I'll start a pledge for a new one.
>
> If someone knows what we need can they find a sutible model and supplier?
>
> We're close to having the etch tank working again so wer're going to
> need one quite soon!
>
> --
> [http://pointless.net/]                                   [0x2ECA0975]
>
> --
>

> --

[http://pointless.net/] [0x2ECA0975]

Colin Cooper

Mar 19, 2014, 7:17:03 AM3/19/14
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'd be happy to pledge & I suspect may others would once the tank is up-and-running.

Jasper Wallace

Mar 19, 2014, 7:40:33 AM3/19/14
to london-hack-space
On Wed, 19 Mar 2014, Men tar wrote:

> I've managed to get a similar one from ebay for £53 as I need it for my projects. I don't want to donate it
> as I'm afraid history will just repeat itself(chrismc donated the previous one). If we address the security
> issue then maybe can do a micro-pledge? I'll put forward a tenner so if I get £43 I'll give it to the
> space. As for the security aspect maybe we can use one of the olympic lockers for it (along with some of
> the etching/development chemicals)?

What size is it and do you think it will cope with the rigors of
hackspace life?

I've started a pledge page here:

https://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Pledges/UVExposureBox

> On 19 March 2014 10:46, Jasper Wallace <jas...@pointless.net> wrote:
>
> So at this point we've pretty much given up on seeing it again.
>
> Does anyone have one they can donate?
>
> If not I'll start a pledge for a new one.
>
> If someone knows what we need can they find a sutible model and supplier?
>
> We're close to having the etch tank working again so wer're going to
> need one quite soon!
>
> --
> [http://pointless.net/]                                   [0x2ECA0975]
>
> --
>

> --

[http://pointless.net/] [0x2ECA0975]

Men tar

Mar 19, 2014, 7:44:18 AM3/19/14
to london-hack-space
I believe it's the same model as the one we had: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UV-Exposure-Unit-/271400492914

Men tar

Mar 19, 2014, 8:33:27 AM3/19/14
to london-hack-space
As for the tank it's just waiting to have some cold water plumbed to it, it's got access to hot-water already and as it's only used for spraying I'll connect it up shortly together with giving it a thorough clean.

Men tar

Mar 19, 2014, 3:51:50 PM3/19/14
to london-hack-space
Paddy and Tgreer plumbed the cold water in today (thanks guys) so I gave the etchtank a clean and got it up and running again. Oh and the pledge has completed already, need to chase up 2 for money :)

Men tar

Mar 20, 2014, 4:57:47 PM3/20/14
to london-hack-space
The UV exposure unit is now in the space, it's in an olympic locker near the etching tank. If you know how to use it contact myself, artag or paddyd for the code. If you don't know how to make PCBs using the UV exposure method, I wrote a simplish wiki guide last year at http://hack.rs/w/Pcb_etching_instructions . I plan to run a refresher on how to do the whole process from start to finish, will most likely do that on the the 7th of April for those interested.

Dave Mansfield

Mar 21, 2014, 5:29:08 AM3/21/14
On Thursday, 20 March 2014 20:57:47 UTC, mentar wrote:
The UV exposure unit is now in the space, it's in an olympic locker near the etching tank. If you know how to use it contact myself, artag or paddyd for the code. If you don't know how to make PCBs using the UV exposure method, I wrote a simplish wiki guide last year at http://hack.rs/w/Pcb_etching_instructions . I plan to run a refresher on how to do the whole process from start to finish, will most likely do that on the the 7th of April for those interested.

Men tar

Mar 21, 2014, 5:43:52 AM3/21/14
to london-hack-space
Thanks, I've moved it under Equipment as per convention.