Location of bin bags and other cleaning stuff

James (AJP2)

Jan 7, 2016, 7:55:29 PM1/7/16
to London Hackspace
Hi,

My friend emptied the recycling bin in the classroom this evening (after Matthew's networking class where he concluded by encouraging us to contribute something back).  I searched the wiki to find where we could get replacement bin bags but the page on waste doesn't mention anything.

Anyone know so I can edit the page?  (And then put in a new bag tomorrow morning).

Cheers,
James (AJP2)

Stefan Sabo

Jan 7, 2016, 8:06:22 PM1/7/16
to London Hackspace
Cleaning stuf is obviously at cupboard, before WC which is near to shutter to backyard.

I am not sure, if there are clear bags now, at tueasday, when we emtied bins, we found only black one, which is not right to use at recycled bins, only for general waste.
Also there are mops, toilet paper and some chemical also.

Dne pátek 8. ledna 2016 0:55:29 UTC James (AJP2) napsal(a):
Message has been deleted

Stefan Sabo

Jan 7, 2016, 8:45:52 PM1/7/16
to London Hackspace
Believe me, if here will be 10, or 11 bins, nothing happened, only we need to empty one more :-))

Also, even Tesco is short walk way, it is not solution for all..

Big black bins = aprox 200 at this moment, almost full box of this.

If something missing at general, it good to post it here on ML, obviously Russ take new order and delivery of it.

Dne pátek 8. ledna 2016 1:17:55 UTC James (AJP2) napsal(a):
Edited the wiki, thanks Stefan.

The bin was mostly full of non-recycling anyway.  Anyone have objection to me buying a small black bin for that room to complement the recycling one.  Negatives:  it's one more bin to empty.  Positives:  more likely to actually have people separate recycling from waste.

I looked online and Tower Hamlets website says "Please note, we have temporarily removed the option of ordering recycling bins through the internet."  (points awarded for weirdest URL I've seen in a while:  http://webcrm.towerhamlets.gov.uk/EASYServices/(S(mo2dq455dh3xqyeyzuu1rf45))/propertysearch.aspx )  So I think we should just use black bin liners from now on... easy and fairly inexpensive to get from Tesco over the road... just put into the correct big bin.

Cheers,
James

James (AJP2)

Jan 7, 2016, 8:56:53 PM1/7/16
to London Hackspace
Right, attempt two (then sleep for tired brain):

Edited the wiki, thanks Stefan.

The bin was mostly full of non-recycling anyway.  Anyone have objection to me buying a small black bin for that room to complement the recycling one.  Negatives:  it's one more bin to empty.  Positives:  more likely to actually have people separate recycling from waste.

I've ordered the most recycling bags I can (26 pink bags in a roll) from the weirdest URL I've seen in a while:  http://webcrm.towerhamlets.gov.uk/EASYServices/(S(mo2dq455dh3xqyeyzuu1rf45))/propertysearch.aspx

Cheers,
James

Jasper Wallace

Jan 7, 2016, 9:32:11 PM1/7/16
to London Hackspace
On Thu, 7 Jan 2016, James (AJP2) wrote:

> Right, attempt two (then sleep for tired brain):
>
> Edited the wiki, thanks Stefan.
>
> The bin was mostly full of non-recycling anyway.  Anyone have objection to me buying a small black bin for that room to complement the
> recycling one.  Negatives:  it's one more bin to empty.  Positives:  more likely to actually have people separate recycling from waste.
>
> I've ordered the most recycling bags I can (26 pink bags in a roll) from the weirdest URL I've seen in a while:
>  http://webcrm.towerhamlets.gov.uk/EASYServices/(S(mo2dq455dh3xqyeyzuu1rf45))/propertysearch.aspx

AIUI we are commercial waste and so don't use the pink bag system - those
are for domestic waste.

In the past the way it's worked has been:

Use the blue bins with the recycling symbol on them for recycling

Since all recycled waste should be clean _don't_ use a bag (bottles and
cans should be empty of course), and then dump the blue bins straight into
the big recycle bin outside.

In practice what actually happens is that the blue bins get contaminated
by food waste etc...

Note that we've been specificly told that we should NOT use black bin bags
for recycling.
> --

[http://pointless.net/] [0x2ECA0975]

Russ Garrett

Jan 8, 2016, 4:01:19 AM1/8/16
to London Hack Space
Yes, please don't use pink bags as they're domestic recycling and
they'll get us in trouble.

Russ
--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

James (AJP2)

Jan 8, 2016, 1:02:43 PM1/8/16
to London Hackspace
Thanks Jasper, Russ.  Good to know.  Have added to wiki.
  • Have attempted to cancel order of pink recycling bags.
  • Have bought some white bin bags from Tesco,
    • put a couple into some recycling bins lacking them.
    • left the rest in the green washroom cupboard.
If a recycling is contaminated, we can pull out the white bag in the bin and put the whole lot into normal waste.  If not then the bag can be left in the bin and the contents emptied into the recycling bin.  Alternatively (if it's ok), it'd be more convenient to pull the white bag out and put the whole thing into the recycling bin as my friend did last night.

Cheers,
James