Re: [london-hack-space] old desktop in the 3 week bin

Mark Steward

Jun 19, 2012, 9:12:37 AM6/19/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
While the gesture's appreciated, please don't bring desktops unless you already know someone wants them.  They just take up valuable space.

Please check out rule 9 on the Hackspace Rules[1], and the guide to bringing items to the space[2].  The 3-week bins are there to allow us to get rid of junk that's already in the space.

Cheers,
Mark

[2] http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Guides/Bringing_items_to_the_space

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM, tim <timmyor...@hotmail.com> wrote:
hey lads,

i just dropped a desktop off in the 3 week bin. just thought id let everyone know

tim

Monty

Jun 19, 2012, 9:17:14 AM6/19/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As Rule 9 (http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Rules) states, "Carefully consider the true usefulness of an item before bringing it to the space. Disposal requires effort and space is limited. Seek permission for large items." Guidelines as provided regarding what is carefully consideration on this page http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Guides/Bringing_items_to_the_space Typically we require people to ask on the mailing list about bringing anything that isn't going to be stored in your member's box, especially if it's something you're trying to dispose of. Is there a possibility you could please take this away?

Jasper Wallace

Jun 19, 2012, 9:24:12 AM6/19/12
On Tue, 19 Jun 2012, Mark Steward wrote:

> While the gesture's appreciated, please don't bring desktops unless you already know someone wants them.  They just take up valuable space.
> Please check out rule 9 on the Hackspace Rules[1], and the guide to bringing items to the space[2].  The 3-week bins are there to allow us to get rid of junk
> that's already in the space.

FWIW (aiming at the thread generally) it's a relativly modern HP thing,
sata hd+ cd/dvd, 1Gb ram, pcie slots. Not wonderful, but not terrible
either.

--
[http://pointless.net/] [0x2ECA0975]

Adrian Godwin

Jun 19, 2012, 12:16:29 PM6/19/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Don't chuck it out - I could use that. I'll pick it up at the weekend.

Thanks.

-adrian