Re: [lojban] Lojban Minecraft server

Jacob Errington

Oct 8, 2012, 9:38:16 PM10/8/12
to loj...@googlegroups.com
ki'esai uisai .i'e!
.i .ai mi zenba lo ka kelci fi'o me do moi

.i mi'e la tsani mu'o

On 7 October 2012 00:32, nikis <niekb...@gmail.com> wrote:
coi ro do

Earlier this week, a discussion happened in #lojban asking about the current existence of a Lojban Minecraft server.
As far as I was aware, there is currently none running, so I offered to set one up on one of my servers with spare resources.

It's currently up and running at lojban.omghex.com (no need to enter any ports, it should automatically detect everything from the SRV record) and has already been visited by some jbopre.

I have also set up a voice chat server at omghex.com using Mumble (default port) -- so players can choose to communicate using voice if they wish.

As I am providing the service for free on spare resources, I can unfortunately not make any guarantees as to the uptime or availability of this service or commit to a specific period of running this service. But generally, it should turn out fine :-)

For any administrative requests (user management, game mode changes, optional plugins which should be installed) feel free to contact me here or through IRC.

co'o mi'e la nikis

vitci'i

Oct 9, 2012, 3:54:09 AM10/9/12
to loj...@googlegroups.com
.i mi na jimpe fi zoi .ly. fi'o me do moi .ly.

Jacob Errington

Oct 9, 2012, 6:30:23 AM10/9/12
to loj...@googlegroups.com
.i dunli lu do'e zo'e ne do li'u

.i mi'e la tsani mu'o

vitci'i

Oct 9, 2012, 6:38:46 PM10/9/12
to loj...@googlegroups.com
lo'ai moi sa'ai me'u le'ai pei

Jacob Errington

Oct 9, 2012, 8:35:13 PM10/9/12
to loj...@googlegroups.com
No, what I'm saying is definitely correct. {me sumti moi} is legal, and is roughly equivalent to {zo'e ne sumti}.

http://dag.github.com/cll/18/11/ details how it's grammatical without being very precise about the semantics, but I've been saying this in IRC for quite some time, after having learned about it from selpa'i. Unfortunately, it seems like no one else knows about it, so I make a point of saying it to spread it :)

.i mi'e la tsani mu'o

vitci'i

Oct 9, 2012, 8:58:13 PM10/9/12
to loj...@googlegroups.com
That link is helpful, but I still don't follow how it works in context.
{me sumti moi} should yield a selbri-equivalent element, and {fi'o
selbri} looks like it evaluates to a dangling BAI. Shouldn't it be {fi'o
me do moi broda} or such?

Jacob Errington

Oct 10, 2012, 7:07:59 AM10/10/12
to loj...@googlegroups.com
It is a dangling BAI. I frequently use dangling tags. After all, they're implicitly filled with zo'e. In this case, the zo'e refers to the minecraft server. "with [thing-associated-with-you] [[something-contextually-relevant]]".

Your suggestion still becomes a dangling tag, because {me sumti moi} and {broda} will form a tanru.

.i mi'e la tsani mu'o

nikis

Oct 14, 2012, 7:22:22 AM10/14/12
to loj...@googlegroups.com
Small update:

The Mumble server now no longer runs at the top-level domain of omghex.com but has moved to the following address:

mumble.omghex.com

co'o mi'e la .nikis.

la .lindar.

Oct 15, 2012, 4:18:43 AM10/15/12
to loj...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the server!

I'd like to let everybody know that I've updated the Lojban translation (it no longer worked as it was!), but there are a bunch of new strings that I haven't translated aaaaaaaaaaaand it's over a year old, so it probably isn't the best translation ever. If you'd like to give it a go and post suggestions on how to change it, please let me know. If you'd like to be able to edit it directly, please let me know so I can add you to the list of editors.

Feilen Haksan

Jul 5, 2013, 3:42:48 PM7/5/13
to loj...@googlegroups.com
So have we got an auxiliary server somewhere? If anyone knows of a lojban-centric server that would be excellent. Better yet, I'm fairly certain there's at least a few conlang servers in which users of each individual 'lang stick together in their own factions. If we could dig one of those up, we could stick to it and show off lojban to the wider community!

la xirsoi

Jul 8, 2013, 10:28:19 AM7/8/13
to loj...@googlegroups.com
-- snip --

Isn't there a way to submit new languages to the game?

I'm pretty sure much of the translation work is done by the community, so it should be possible.
I'd be interested in hanging out on a Lojban Minecraft server once in a while, should this get going again.

Feilen Haksan

Jul 8, 2013, 10:30:41 AM7/8/13
to loj...@googlegroups.com

I have been bugging the minecraft devs since March 2012 to import Lindar's translation. Utterly unresponsive. Pirate English and Klingon are in there though...

All they have to do is enable Lojban on their Crowdin project, but I can't get any of them to do it.

la xirsoi

Jul 8, 2013, 1:36:41 PM7/8/13
to loj...@googlegroups.com
How might I add my voice to this?

Feilen Haksan

Jul 8, 2013, 1:44:26 PM7/8/13
to loj...@googlegroups.com

Well, for now, just email, message on Crowdin, or message on Twitter, any of the various minecraft devs. Remember that Notch is no longer developing minecraft himself.

Other than that, I'm trying to make a resource pack for minecraft that includes the language files, so we could use those theoretically. Unfortunately it won't let me add custom languages it seems, so I may end up having to replace another language from the list with Lojban. Australian English is a likely target.

la xirsoi

Jul 8, 2013, 11:28:29 PM7/8/13
to loj...@googlegroups.com
I have created an account and am waiting for a project manager to add me to the Lojban Minecraft translation project.
When this is done I will send a message to the two developers associated to the Minecraft Crowdin project.

Feilen Haksan

Jul 9, 2013, 7:10:44 AM7/9/13
to loj...@googlegroups.com

Well, Lindar has already translated almost all of it. We've been waiting on and trying to contact Mojang for the last year.

Feilen Haksan

Jul 10, 2013, 10:30:29 AM7/10/13
to loj...@googlegroups.com

Hey guys, the server is back up, and they got a new host! http://www.reddit.com/r/craftlang/comments/1hxcyq/hey_everyone_im_still_alive_and_so_is_the_server/

I'll be sharing this info on G+, lojban-beginners, and a few other places. Would anyone like to arrange a meet up there, to organize and build our lojban faction?

la xirsoi

Jul 10, 2013, 3:10:06 PM7/10/13
to loj...@googlegroups.com
Unless the translation has been updated, there are a lot of things that need translation from the last year.
Also, when I said "when this is done" the 'this' was me being added to the project.

I'll have time to hop on Thursday afternoon and Saturday. GMT -6, btw.

-- snip --

Feilen Haksan

Jul 10, 2013, 3:18:15 PM7/10/13
to loj...@googlegroups.com

There is a lot of updating needed, but until we get the current set pushed into minecraft itself, the effort could be better used elsewhere (such as core utils). Love that you want to help though! You might try to get onto Lindar's git repo to make changes there.

If you can be on around 21:00+0000 (UTC) on Thursday that's when I get off work, I'd be happy to join you.

Alex Richmond

Aug 13, 2014, 8:23:40 PM8/13/14
to loj...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps we should revive this thread. I know it probably won't interest the greater Lojban community, but there are probably a couple people out there interested in this

Jacob Errington

Aug 26, 2014, 11:23:49 AM8/26/14
to loj...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I had forgotten about the mailing list thread about this.

In any case, keidji/grimles and I have been playing pretty regularly over the past few weeks, on a map that's been going now since May actually, in which a few other jbopre have joined me. Anyone is free to join! The idea is to communicate over skype or mumble, in Lojban to the fullest extent possible. I welcome nintadni too, since it gives an excellent environment in which to use spatial vocabulary. (Not that the mailing list is necessarily be the best way to reach nintadni, of course.)

I have forked Lindar's translation of the game interface on Github, and plan on updating it for the new strings, as well as correct certain mistakes in it.

A more long term project would be to translate the strings from a modpack such as one of those from FTB, but that would necessarily be more difficult due to all the magic and technology mods that introduce a whole dictionary to themselves of words into English. I can foresee a tremendous amount of zi'evla and lujvo being needed.

.i mi'e la tsani mu'o

On 13 August 2014 20:23, Alex Richmond <greens...@gmail.com> wrote:
Perhaps we should revive this thread. I know it probably won't interest the greater Lojban community, but there are probably a couple people out there interested in this

Gleki Arxokuna

Aug 26, 2014, 12:22:18 PM8/26/14
to loj...@googlegroups.com
I suggest having it at github.com/lojban and pulling there.

Jacob Errington

Aug 26, 2014, 3:17:29 PM8/26/14
to loj...@googlegroups.com
.i la gleki di'e cusku

I suggest having it at github.com/lojban and pulling there.

ie
.i ku'i ma tadji lo nu lo mi se gunka cu binxo lo ka me lo girzu se gunka ne lo do .urli

I agree.
How can my project be added to the group projects as in your URL ?

https://github.com/djeik/kunkakpa

Of course, Lindar's repository should be added as well.

la durka

Aug 28, 2014, 11:46:21 AM8/28/14
to loj...@googlegroups.com
I can just fork the repository into the Lojban organization if you want. Or you can do it, since I just added you to the group.

mu'o mi'e la durka