[lojban] Re: larger brodV - what do you think

Adam D. Lopresto

Oct 13, 2003, 5:58:15 PM10/13/03
to lojba...@lojban.org
Well, there's za'e. Too bad za'e doesn't have a rafsi; it would be pretty
handy for that. (Actually, za'e doesn't seem to be assigned as a rafsi to
anything.) Or you could go the type 3 fu'ivla route, and prefix your
words with brodr-, which would pretty well mark them as nonportable, while
giving you a large space of legal words. And as far as I can tell, it
would be perfectly baseline compliant, and pretty easily understandable.

--
Adam Lopresto
http://cec.wustl.edu/~adam/

Your mouse has moved. Windows NT must be restarted for the change to take
effect. Reboot now? [ OK ]

Oleg Leschov

Oct 13, 2003, 4:48:13 PM10/13/03
to lojba...@lojban.org

Rob Speer

Oct 13, 2003, 6:23:10 PM10/13/03
to lojba...@lojban.org
On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 04:58:15PM -0500, Adam D. Lopresto wrote:
> Well, there's za'e. Too bad za'e doesn't have a rafsi; it would be pretty
> handy for that. (Actually, za'e doesn't seem to be assigned as a rafsi to
> anything.) Or you could go the type 3 fu'ivla route, and prefix your
> words with brodr-, which would pretty well mark them as nonportable, while
> giving you a large space of legal words. And as far as I can tell, it
> would be perfectly baseline compliant, and pretty easily understandable.

That is a nice extension - you could get a whole lot of words simply of
the form brodrfu, brodrba, etc. Of course, the brodr- part still gets
repetitive, and you can't get rafsi from them.

--
mu'o mi'e rab.spir

Invent Yourself

Oct 13, 2003, 5:59:17 PM10/13/03
to lojba...@lojban.org
So that was actual mail. With all the random strings being inserted into
spam these days, and an unfamiliar sending name, I deleted it.

--
Economic power is exercised by means of a positive, by offering men a
reward, an incentive, a payment, a value; political power is exercised by