CLL help needed: definitions

Robin Lee Powell

Oct 1, 2014, 1:15:08 PM10/1/14
to loj...@googlegroups.com

As y'all may have noticed, the glossary is full of "NO DEFINITION
FOUND!"s.

These are pulled from jbovlaste at compile time. So, we can either
fix that by y'all going out and fixing them all, or by me changing
the code to ignore missing definitions.

--
http://intelligence.org/ : Our last, best hope for a fantastic future.
.i ko na cpedu lo nu stidi vau loi jbopre .i dafsku lu na go'i li'u .e

Pierre Abbat

Oct 1, 2014, 9:43:16 PM10/1/14
to loj...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, October 01, 2014 10:15:06 Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> As y'all may have noticed, the glossary is full of "NO DEFINITION
> FOUND!"s.
>
> These are pulled from jbovlaste at compile time. So, we can either
> fix that by y'all going out and fixing them all, or by me changing
> the code to ignore missing definitions.

I found both {blokle} and {blolei} in the glossary. They are the same word.
How should we handle them?

Pierre
--
sei do'anai mi'a djuno puze'e noroi nalselganse srera

Pierre Abbat

Oct 2, 2014, 12:02:55 AM10/2/14
to loj...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, October 01, 2014 10:15:06 Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> As y'all may have noticed, the glossary is full of "NO DEFINITION
> FOUND!"s.
>
> These are pulled from jbovlaste at compile time. So, we can either
> fix that by y'all going out and fixing them all, or by me changing
> the code to ignore missing definitions.

Here is the complete list (by eye and hand):

bisycla (phonotactic example)
blakanla
blaselkanla
blokle -> blolei
blolei
brudi (not a word; all other br*di are)
bridyvalsi -> brivla
bridyvla -> brivla
brivalsi -> brivla
cagyce'u
cidjrspageti
calkyguzme -> cakyzme
cinctu
cipnrstrigi
cladakfu
cmacrnintegrale
cmacrntegrale (variant of above, see also bi'irsumji)
dadgreku
djinrnintegrale
donta'a
fetsygau -> fetygau
ge'urzdani -> gerzda
ge'uzda -> gerzda
gekmau
gerkyzda -> gerzda
gerkyzdani -> gerzda
gerzdani -> gerzda
gisnu (not a word)
gizmu (not a word)
gicmu (not a word)
gripau
grutrceraso (=rutrceraso)
integrale
kambla
karcykla
krecau
kismu (not a word)
klamau
lantro
labmau
lamgri
lange'u
logjybangir (variant of lojbangirz)
logjybangirzu -> lojbaugri
logjybangri -> lojbaugri
logjybangygir (variant of lojbangirz)
logjybangygirz (variant of lojbangirz)
logjybangygirzu -> lojbaugri
likygau
logjybangygri -> lojbaugri
likyri'a (typo for likri'a)
logjybaugir (variant of lojbangirz)
logjybaugirz (variant of lojbangirz)
logjybaugirzu -> lojbaugri
logjybaugri -> lojbaugri
livgyterbilma -> livgyterbi'a
lojbangygri -> lojbaugri
lojbaugir (variant of lojbangirz)
lojbaugirz (variant of lojbangirz)
lo'ikle -> blolei
lojbaugirzu -> lojbaugri
lo'irlei -> blolei
lojbaugri
lotkle -> blolei
lotlei -> blolei
lojbangir (variant of lojbangirz)
lojbangirz
lojbangirzu -> lojbaugri
lojbangri -> lojbaugri
lojbangygir (variant of lojbangirz)
lojbangygirz (variant of lojbangirz)
lojbangygirzu -> lojbaugri
mampa'u
manskapi
mi'erxanpli
minkemxanpli (typo for midykemxanpli)
mudysiclu
naknykemcinctu -> nakykemcinctu
naknykemcinctuca -> nakykemcinctu
naknykemcinsyctu -> nakykemcinctu
naknykemcinsyctuca -> nakykemcinctu
nakykemcinctu
nakykemcinctuca -> nakykemcinctu
nakykemcinsyctu -> nakykemcinctu
nakykemcinsyctuca -> nakykemcinctu
nalbrablo
nalmle
nelcymau -> neizma
nilkla
normle
nunpinxe
nunsoidji
nunte'a
nunterji'a
nunctu
nunji'a
nunkalte
pacraistu
nunkilbra
pacru'i
nunklama -> nunkla
pevrisnyjelca
patyta'a
posydji
rairgugde -> rairgu'e
risnyjelca
ro'inre'o -> rokre'o
rokre'o
ricrxaceru
segi'u
segu
segu'u
saktrxacero
seju
selti'i
selbri
selti'ifla
seldzukla
selgekmau
selzda
seljdasku
selkanla
selkemdzukla
selklamau
seu (not a word)
selnelcymau -> selneimau
selselgekmau
selseljdasku
sikcurnu
soidji
spatrkoka
spraile
tarmrnintegrale
terklamau
terlantroge'u
ti'ifla
ti'otci
terci'e
tergusni -> tergu'i
terkakpa
turdu'i
tricrxaceru -> ricrxaceru
velmikce
xelklama -> xelka'a
xancypliminde -> xanplimi'e
xanmi'e
xanplimi'e
xismu (not a word)
xaskemcakcurnu
xasycakcurnu
zernerkla
zilpavypinxe
zilrelselpinxe
zuljamfu -> zuljma
zunlyjamfu -> zuljma
zunlyjma -> zuljma

mu'omi'e .pier.
--
gau do li'i co'e kei do

Jacob Errington

Oct 2, 2014, 9:46:35 AM10/2/14
to loj...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps an extra tag can be added for words that serve only as examples, and should not appear in the dictionary or glossary?
Aside from that, if there's some kind of inconsistency, like blokle being used in one place but blolei being used elsewhere, neither as an example of how multiple lujvo can represent the same word, then that's simply an erratum to be corrected.

.i mi'e la tsani mu'o

Robin Lee Powell

Oct 2, 2014, 1:05:53 PM10/2/14
to loj...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Oct 02, 2014 at 12:02:50AM -0400, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> bridyvalsi -> brivla
> bridyvla -> brivla
> brivalsi -> brivla

Sounds like we need a way to do "see X" glossary entries.

Pierre Abbat

Oct 2, 2014, 8:27:50 PM10/2/14
to loj...@googlegroups.com
I've entered "patyta'a" and "ti'otci" and found a def already entered for
"selbri", but with zero votes.

"spraile" should be marked "(not a word)" in the list. It's an example of a
wordoid with an initial cluster of three consonants, but is not defined.

"seu" occurs in the glossary, but nowhere in the text except inside "pseudo".
Why is it in the glossary?

Pierre
--
loi mintu se ckaji danlu cu jmaji

la durka

Oct 3, 2014, 11:00:23 PM10/3/14
to loj...@googlegroups.com, ph...@bezitopo.org
"seu" isn't a word at all. Assuming Cowan types on a QWERTY keyboard, it must be a typo from {sei}.