Yahoo groups policy change

Gleki Arxokuna

Oct 16, 2019, 2:58:57 PM10/16/19
to Constructed Languages List, loj...@googlegroups.com
If you have any groups time to backup the logs if you need them publuc. They are saying they will make them private.

johnw...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2019, 6:24:10 PM11/2/19
to lojban
There isn't much time left for the Yahoo archives: they'll be shut down on Dec 14.  I can download the contents of lojban, jboske, llg-members, and llg-board (most postings are 2008 or earlier) if anyone cares about them.  Please let me know ASAP at co...@ccil.org.

Robin Lee Powell

Nov 2, 2019, 10:30:05 PM11/2/19
to loj...@googlegroups.com
To the best of my knowledge (and I worked *very* hard on this so...)
the archives of lojban, llg-members, and llg-board at
http://mail.lojban.org/lists/ are complete. (Raw mail is at
http://mail.lojban.org/lists-plain/ )

I am less sure about jboske.

Is anyone aware of any other yahoo groups we had?

Mike S.

Nov 2, 2019, 11:59:55 PM11/2/19
to loj...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 10:30 PM Robin Lee Powell <rlpo...@digitalkingdom.org> wrote:
To the best of my knowledge (and I worked *very* hard on this so...)
the archives of lojban, llg-members, and llg-board at
http://mail.lojban.org/lists/ are complete.  (Raw mail is at
http://mail.lojban.org/lists-plain/ )

I am less sure about jboske.

I scraped a full copy of the Jboske message archive on YGs, and I am coordinating with And Rosta to migrate it to Google Groups.

Is anyone aware of any other yahoo groups we had?

There are a bunch of other ancient groups on YGs related to Lojban, including "Lojban" which is very large, and "LOJBAN1" which has some pretty old messages.

I'd like to say I have all those too, but as I was saying to John Cowan in Lojban chat, the tool I was using to scrape is randomly failing so I need to verify what I have.  I am almost certainly missing certain messages.

I do have Jboske (I verified it), but it wouldn't hurt if others made copies, just in case.

-Mike

On Sat, Nov 02, 2019 at 11:54:02AM -0700, johnw...@gmail.com wrote:
> There isn't much time left for the Yahoo archives: they'll be shut down on
> Dec 14.  I can download the contents of lojban, jboske, llg-members, and
> llg-board (most postings are 2008 or earlier) if anyone cares about them.
> Please let me know ASAP at co...@ccil.org.

Robin Lee Powell

Nov 3, 2019, 12:07:32 AM11/3/19
to loj...@googlegroups.com
Looking at my archives, others on yahoogroups:

- jbosnu

I can't find anything else.

Does anyone see any evidence that the archives I linked to are not
sufficiently complete for one or more yahoogroups lists? Please
check thoroughly; I will not have the time to do so myself.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lojban/20191103023001.GF376%40stodi.digitalkingdom.org.

Robin Lee Powell

Nov 3, 2019, 1:51:31 PM11/3/19
to loj...@googlegroups.com
Oh, hey, apparently lojban-b...@yahoogroups.com was a thing.

There was also a jbo...@yahoogroups.com , but I doubt anyone cares
about the content there anymore (it was specifically about jbofihe
the software).

There is, arguably, also loc...@yahoogroups.com . There were a
bunch of other conlang yahoogroups I see people referencing, if
anyone wants to try to grab those too:

- enge...@yahoogroups.com
- auxlang...@yahoogroups.com
- lan...@yahoogroups.com

Also, apparently our lists are at http://mail.lojban.org/ ; how
clever of past me. :D

Robin Lee Powell

Nov 3, 2019, 1:59:28 PM11/3/19
to loj...@googlegroups.com
I scraped all of the main lojban list *years* ago when we
transitioned to Google Groups. I put a *ton* of work into it, I
believe strongly that it's complete, both on Google Groups and on
http://mail.lojban.org/ ; do you have evidence to the contrary?
> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lojban/20191103023001.GF376%40stodi.digitalkingdom.org
> > .

Mike S.

Dec 3, 2019, 2:59:11 PM12/3/19
to loj...@googlegroups.com
Replying specifically to this post re Y!G:
- lojban-beginners and jbofihe appear not to exist.  Perhaps they were deleted.
- I have loccan3 and engelang
- I am attempting to get auxlang-dev and langdev in my most recent data request.

I also have a lot of uploaded files from the big, now closed Lojban group.

If anyone has other groups they want saved, name them.  We have about ten days left.

--
co ma'a mke

Xorban blog: Xorban.wordpress.com
My LL blog: Loglang.wordpress.com

Robin Lee Powell

Dec 15, 2019, 11:51:41 PM12/15/19
to loj...@googlegroups.com
So I suddenly discovered that I *can* log in to my master yahoo
account (I wasn't able to before).

Here's all the relevant lists I'm seeing:

jboske
jbosnu
llg-board
llg-members
loccan3
lojban

I feel like all of those already got covered; anybody need me to
snarf any of them?, and if so do you have a toolset?

John Cowan

Dec 16, 2019, 12:34:39 AM12/16/19
to loj...@googlegroups.com
I think everything is covered, yes.  I also asked Yahoo to send me a full download of everything I have access to.  I haven't looked at it yet, but it definitely contains messages in mbox format.