"music of a song" vs. "song". How to say?

Gleki Arxokuna

Oct 21, 2014, 1:50:36 PM10/21/14
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com
Usage shows that {lo selsa'a} means "song" rather than "words/music of song".

Now how to say
"voice of a song"
"music of a song"
"words of the song X"
"I sang the phrase Y from the song X"
"I sang the song X"?

Pierre Abbat

Oct 23, 2014, 8:40:41 AM10/23/14
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com
For "words of a song" I'd say "vlapoi pe lo selsa'a", so I'd say "togypoi" for
"melody". There's also "vlamei"; "togmei" could be useful when the music isn't
a single sequence but consists of voices.

The voices are tcesutsli, mlisutsli, mlisnosli, and tcesnosli, but I don't
know what the word for "voice" in this sense is. These words can also denote
completely different frequency ranges when talking about radio.

"phrase" could be "selsa'aspi".

Pierre
--
.i toljundi do .ibabo mi'afra tu'a do
.ibabo damba do .ibabo do jinga

Gleki Arxokuna

Oct 23, 2014, 8:46:15 AM10/23/14
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com
Can you please get rid of {pe} and its underlying {co'e}?

ianek

Oct 23, 2014, 9:13:46 AM10/23/14
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com
Maybe: