sports terms

Mustafa İpekbayrak

Jun 21, 2018, 3:44:48 AM6/21/18
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com
coi ro do
I love jbovlaste.lojban.org, however I cannot find what I want many times. For example I want to write that I did six push ups in a day. I don't know how to say push ups or pull ups.
How can we learn sports terms for lojban? Should we create them by ourselves?

Pierre Abbat

Jun 21, 2018, 8:58:33 AM6/21/18
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com
We should create them. The first thing I came up with is {ca'ersezlafti}, but
it seems a bit long.

Pierre
--
Don't buy a French car in Holland. It may be a citroen.

MorphemeAddict

Jun 22, 2018, 1:23:34 PM6/22/18
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com
Words can be created and used without adding them first to jbovlaste.

stevo

Mustafa İpekbayrak

Jun 29, 2018, 6:37:03 AM6/29/18
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much.
I wonder if we create words, how other lojban speaker understand what does it mean?
I mean is there any algorithm to create new lojban word?
ca'ersezlafti  seems a little bit long. I was thinking about using ga'u catke for push up but isn't it a English language oriented word?
When I create a new word privately I feel like I am preparing a new sacret language.