four trips around the sun

ravas

Dec 21, 2014, 1:18:17 AM12/21/14
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com
How would you translate: "I have completed four trips around the sun."
Where "trip" means a complete orbital revolution around the sun.

^_^ a'o

Jorge Llambías

Dec 21, 2014, 8:05:27 AM12/21/14
On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 3:18 AM, ravas <ra...@outlook.com> wrote:
How would you translate: "I have completed four trips around the sun."
Where "trip" means a complete orbital revolution around the sun.

   mi ba'o vo roi mo'u litru lo sruri be lo solri

or if you want to be more succinct:

   mi nanca li vo

mu'o mi'e xorxes

ravas

Dec 21, 2014, 11:47:53 PM12/21/14

On Sunday, December 21, 2014 5:05:27 AM UTC-8, xorxes wrote:

   mi ba'o vo roi mo'u litru lo sruri be lo solri

or if you want to be more succinct:

   mi nanca li vo

.ui

In English, the long version produces amusing reactions. ;D

ki'ecai .io

ianek

Dec 22, 2014, 5:56:33 AM12/22/14
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com

By the way, this is the standard way of saying “I'm N years old” in Toki Pona:

tenpo tu tu la mi sike e suno
Four times I circled the Sun.

mu'o mi'e ianek

ki'ecai .io