Fw: Student Proposals Now Being Accepted for Google Summer of Code 2014

Burcin Erocal

Mar 11, 2014, 4:20:53 AM3/11/14
to lmnd-...@googlegroups.com, ilasti...@ilastik.org, fricas...@googlegroups.com, linbox...@googlegroups.com, lmnd-gsoc-m...@googlegroups.com
Dear students interested in GSoC,

the student application period for the Google Summer of Code is now
open. As you can also read below, the deadline is 21 March 19:00 UTC.

The system lets students edit their proposal until the deadline. This
is a part of the review process as well, where proposals can be
improved based on mentor comments on the system.

Additionally, this year, students need to submit proof of their student
status now, rather than later in the process. Please keep this in mind
and submit your proposal early.

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2014/proofofenrollment

Best,
Burcin

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 12:00:26 -0700
From: Carol Smith <car...@google.com>
To: Google Summer of Code Announce
<google-summer-o...@googlegroups.com> Subject: Student
Proposals Now Being Accepted for Google Summer of Code 2014

Hi there,

We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications from
students to participate in Google Summer of Code 2014. Please check out
the FAQs [1], timeline [2], and student manual [3] if you are
unfamiliar with the process. You can also read the Melange manual if
you need help with Melange [4]. The deadline to apply is 21 March at
19:00 UTC [5]. *Late proposals will not be accepted for any reason.*

[1] -
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2014/help_page#
[2] - http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2014
[3] - http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCstudentguide/
[4] -
http://en.flossmanuals.net/melange/students-students-application-phase/
[5] - http://goo.gl/1ZefN4

Cheers,
Carol

group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
google-summer-of-code...@googlegroups.com. To post to
this group, send email to
google-summer-o...@googlegroups.com. Visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-announce. For more