GSoC query about [Runtime reference tracking for mathematical software]

Ruoyu Wang

Mar 11, 2014, 4:28:17 PM3/11/14
to lmnd-...@googlegroups.com
Dear minister,

Hi, I am Ruoyu, a first year math undergraduate from University College London.

I've heard about your GSoC idea [Runtime reference tracking for
mathematical software] , and found myself suitable for this vacancy. I
do concentrate in Python and also doing Latex for my math study.

So, could you please kindly inform me what I can devote to this project?

Please find the resume enclosed.

Thank you for your kind consideration. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.
-
Ruoyu Wang (Mr),
Year 2 Student Academic Representative,
Department of Mathematics,
University College London,

Burcin Erocal

Mar 12, 2014, 5:13:35 AM3/12/14
to lmnd-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ruoyu,

thank you for your interest in the citation project.

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 20:28:17 +0000
Ruoyu Wang <ruoyu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I am Ruoyu, a first year math undergraduate from University
> College London.
>
> I've heard about your GSoC idea [Runtime reference tracking for
> mathematical software] , and found myself suitable for this vacancy. I
> do concentrate in Python and also doing Latex for my math study.
>
> So, could you please kindly inform me what I can devote to this
> project?
>
> Please find the resume enclosed.

There was no attachment in your previous message. It is better if you
provide the relevant information in the email instead of an attachment
people have to look up separately anyway.

How familiar are you with Python? Do you use it for any scientific
computation work? Any favorite packages? Are you familiar with Sage?

Do you have any other programming experience? Which operating system
are you working on?

See my responses on this thread for some more information about this
project:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mathematics.lmonade

Cheers,
Burcin