Primality testing in Flint: the APR-CL algorithm

Jasdeep Singh

Feb 22, 2015, 5:14:34 PM2/22/15
to lmnd-...@googlegroups.com
I have gone through the this project Idea and I believe I can implement it if provided with a little help from mentors.I had number theory as my high school subject and I am currently pursuing B.tech 2ND year.Therefore different implementations of primality test have always fascinated me.I have solved various competitive problems regarding primality tests on spoj .I have gone through the paper

http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~vinodv/COURSES/MAT302-S13/pomerance.pdf  and I believe I can implement this algorithm.

So what do I have to do in order to get this gsoc project do you guys have a competency test and could I talk to the mentors regarding this project.

-Thank you

Burcin Erocal

Feb 22, 2015, 5:33:51 PM2/22/15
to Jasdeep Singh, lmnd-...@googlegroups.com, flint...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thanks for your interest. The mentors for this project hang out on the
flint-devel@ mailing list, which I'm CC'ing now.

Note that we have just finished applying to be a mentoring organization
this year, so it's not yet clear if we will be able to offer GSoC
projects yet. Keeping fingers crossed until the mentoring orgs are
announced. :)

Cheers,
Burcin