Request Regarding Gsoc 2015

Siddharth Agrawal

Oct 30, 2014, 9:55:11 AM10/30/14
to lmnd-...@googlegroups.com
Hello
         Myself Siddharth Agrawal, a 2nd year student of IIIT Bhubaneswar studying in Information Technology(IT).I am interested to work for the project "Grobner Bases & Linear Algebra" under your guidance in the upcoming Google Summer Of Code 2015.
I would be grateful if you give me a chance to work in this Project.

Burcin Erocal

Nov 2, 2014, 7:22:36 AM11/2/14
to lmnd-...@googlegroups.com, siddha...@gmail.com
Hi Siddharth,
can you provide more information on your background? Are you familiar
with the mathematics involved in this project? What kind of programming
experience do you have?

You will find a few threads in the list archives discussing this
project. Here is a message with a few suggestions for starting points
to get familiar with the code base:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/lmnd-devel/uLlo9_ZoPLo/qGCfz6ogS7QJ

Do any of these look feasible to you?

Cheers,
Burcin

Siddharth Agrawal

Nov 2, 2014, 8:55:50 AM11/2/14
to lmnd-...@googlegroups.com
First of all thanks for replying.
I have programming experience of about 3 years in C,Java & C++ & now I am studying more advanced in C++ so that I can complete this project.
And I went through "Grobner Bases & Linear Algebra", I found it very interesting and fascinating for me.If guided by some mentors then I am sure that I can complete this project with perfection. Hope so that I may be given the opportunity to complete this.

Siddharth Agrawal

Nov 6, 2014, 12:32:35 PM11/6/14
to lmnd-...@googlegroups.com
Please can you reply soon.

Burcin Erocal

Nov 7, 2014, 7:10:52 AM11/7/14
to lmnd-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Siddarth,

On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 09:32:35 -0800
Siddharth Agrawal <siddha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please can you reply soon.

You haven't really responded to the points in my previous message:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/lmnd-devel/0728O29_KrE/IsY4fr6C6GkJ

To demonstrate your skills and knowledge, you can try to attack one of
the tasks mentioned previously on this list and ask questions when you
get stuck.

Did you try working with any of the two code bases mentioned earlier?
Did they work for you? Which one do you think would be a better basis
for this project?

Cheers,
Burcin