LFE Blog is Open to the Community

Duncan McGreggor

Dec 3, 2014, 7:09:30 PM12/3/14
to lisp-flavo...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I've just updated the LFE blog to make it very clear that posts are community-provided (there's now a a link in the header). I'll tweet this out, too -- but I wanted to share it first here :-)

Take a look at the posts there: they are tiny! Don't feel that you have to write more than a paragraph. Keep it short if you like. (You are, of course, also free to write a book!)

I'm going to try out the syntax highlighting for common lisp markdown and see how gh-pages/jekyll handles that. If it looks great, I might start using this instead of my main blog for LFE tutorials, intros, walkthroughs, etc.

Enjoy!

Duncan McGreggor

Dec 3, 2014, 7:25:14 PM12/3/14
to lisp-flavo...@googlegroups.com
Just pushed out a blog post about it, too :-)

Content is in markdown, so it's super easy. There are other posts to look at (in the _posts dir), if you want to see how it can be done.

Duncan McGreggor

Dec 4, 2014, 3:35:44 AM12/4/14
to lisp-flavo...@googlegroups.com
Oh, man -- I've been experimenting for a couple of hours with LFE code in a local instance of the blog, and it's HEAVEN compared to working with code-heavy posts on blogger. I've done a bunch of CSS tweaking for Lisp and using markdown code in posts. I hope to push some content up soon that demonstrates it.

I'm hooked.

Duncan McGreggor

Dec 4, 2014, 8:13:06 PM12/4/14
to lisp-flavo...@googlegroups.com
First blog post using the new syntax highlighting:

The sequel just went up:

Yeah, this is they way to go for code-blogging :-) Soooo much better.

I'll stop spamming about this on the list now -- just remember to contribute when you've got some fun LFE news to share! All good news is welcome, no matter how tiny :-)