Updated liquid_cms gem

Andrew K

Feb 8, 2011, 3:16:56 AM2/8/11
to Liquid Templates
Sorry, not sure why I can't reply to my older post (
http://groups.google.com/group/liquid-templates/browse_thread/thread/dc5b44d40358366d
), so I'm just posting a quick update here.

Our gem "liquid CMS" at https://rubygems.org/gems/liquid_cms and at
github ( https://github.com/redlinesoftware/liquid_cms ) has had some
minor bug fix updates recently and I've also added some documentation
to the github wiki at https://github.com/redlinesoftware/liquid_cms/wiki
since my original announcement which may help people get started if
they're interested. Screenshots are in the "Basic Usage" section.

I also see there's another liquid CMS recently mentioned (locomotive)
which looks pretty sharp. I wish I had some photoshop skillz. :P

Thanks,
Andrew

did

Feb 13, 2011, 8:22:06 AM2/13/11
to Liquid Templates
Great work Andrew !
Actually, the very first ancestor of LocomotiveCMS was a little bit
like your application, except for the Context part. Do you have a
concrete example illustrating the Context feature ?
By the way, your back-office looks very clean but if you do want to
have something fancier, you should hire a designer. I don't think it
will cost you an arm or a kidney. I suggest you to visit
Dribbble.com ;-)

Did

On Feb 8, 9:16 am, Andrew K <akasp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, not sure why I can't reply to my older post (http://groups.google.com/group/liquid-templates/browse_thread/thread/...
> ), so I'm just posting a quick update here.
>
> Our gem "liquid CMS" athttps://rubygems.org/gems/liquid_cmsand at
> github (https://github.com/redlinesoftware/liquid_cms) has had some
> minor bug fix updates recently and I've also added some documentation
> to the github wiki athttps://github.com/redlinesoftware/liquid_cms/wiki

Andrew K

Feb 15, 2011, 4:24:46 AM2/15/11
to Liquid Templates
Thanks.

What I mean by context awareness is allowing the CMS to expose
multiple front-ends within the context of a given object. So for
example, if a web app supports many online shops, each shop can have
their own "instance" of the CMS which is restricted to that one shop
object allowing each to have their own front facing website. Or you
can use the CMS engine with no context at all and it just runs within
the app with one exposed front-end. So basically you can have one-or-
many websites exposed for one rails app using the engine.

Custom liquid filters, drops, etc are all supported too to expose app
data.

I just finished doing some minor UI touch-ups to give it a cleaner
look, but I'll check dribbble out.

Rails 2 is supported as well. :)

When I first started developing this CMS (well over a year ago now)
the only rails CMS I could find was Radiant and it didn't fit my needs
at all... looks like the Rails CMS landscape is growing (I've found 4
or 5 recently).

Best regards,
Andrew