http://download.linino.org/ site down?

Min Yong Kim

Jun 25, 2015, 4:30:40 PM6/25/15
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I can't seem to access http://download.linino.org/

Does anyone know of any mirrors to it?

At first I thought I did something wrong on my Arduino device, when I tried to "opkg update", but then I realized I couldn't access the site anymore.

Thanks in advance!

Min

tippy2k

Jun 26, 2015, 9:30:04 AM6/26/15
to lin...@googlegroups.com
It looks like it still down. This is going on day three. Are there any mirrors?

Thanks

Arturo Rinaldi

Jun 26, 2015, 10:18:07 AM6/26/15
to tippy2k, lin...@googlegroups.com
Dear Users,

as you already noticed the download servers are down due to a scheduled maintenance by our sysadmins. We hope to reactivate the services in a short time.

We really apologize for the incovenient.

       Kind Regards

It looks like it still down.  This is going on day three.  Are there any mirrors?

Thanks

Min Yong Kim

Jun 26, 2015, 10:03:58 PM6/26/15
to lin...@googlegroups.com, tip...@gmail.com
Hi Arturo,

Please excuse my ignorance, I'll be happy to look at a reference if you would point me out one. Otherwise, Is there a way for me to save locally the packages and then have them installed from my local file system in the case that the server is down again?

Much appreciation!

Min

tippy2k

Jun 27, 2015, 1:31:25 AM6/27/15
to lin...@googlegroups.com, tip...@gmail.com
Arturo,

I know you guys are truly trying to get the repos back online.  Perhaps this is an opportunity to let your community contribute in a very real and large way.  I am sure that there are many members of the community that have overflow capacity and can help you get your repos online right now.  There seems to be two problems that have to be solved to get this done:

1) a copy of the current data needs to be hosted somewhere as a mirror source.
2) The opkg.conf files in the default distribution are not configured to search for mirrors (AFAIK).

If you can provide an alternate link to the repo data, I am sure that those of us with overflow capacity will be willing to host the repo data until the main repo gets back online. If you can share an archive via bit torrent, we can start downloading the repo data immediately. Also, please provide instructions on how to properly host the data as a repo.  If you do this, I am sure new mirrors will pop up on the internet fairly quickly.  (Well I am sure that at least one will.)

I think the real issue with community members offering overflow capacity for serving the repo is that they need the ability to decide how much they can afford to give.  Most package mangers support mirror servers.  If this not possible, a short term fix would be to post a list of mirror servers on the wiki or forums. Users can adjust there configs to add or remove working mirrors.

I am new to openwrt/linino so I don't know the capabilities of opkg. But as I said most package managers can deal with mirrors, as well as mirrors becoming unavailable.  If opkg can't handle this, I am sure someone in the community can step up to fix the deficit. I anticipate that the number of linino powered devices will grow exponentially.  Arturo, please let the community help fix this minor problem now so we can be stronger and be able to pitch in to solve major problems in the future.

Thanks

Arturo Rinaldi

Jun 27, 2015, 7:13:38 AM6/27/15
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Dear users,

the linino servers are up and running again. We apologize again for this inconvenient, everything should working as usual.

@ tippy2k

Thank you for your pointers ! Mirroring our package repo by torrent-ing might be an interesting solution, as you have suggested. However, at a first glance opkg seems not supporting mirroring and it is strictly bound to the main URL which the maintainer insert in the main configuration file of openwrt. I'll look into it and let you know...

    Regards, Arturo

tippy2k

Jun 27, 2015, 4:20:17 PM6/27/15
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Arturo

Ye Man Myint

Feb 22, 2017, 8:59:15 AM2/22/17
to Linino

Hi!

I am not able to access http://download.linino.org/

Is it the web page down?

Thanks in advance!

William

Arturo Rinaldi

Feb 22, 2017, 11:39:19 AM2/22/17
to Linino
Dear Users,

the download servers are down due to a scheduled maintenance by our provider. We hope to reactivate the services in a short time. Thank you for your patience !

       Regards, Arturo

Timothy Zott

Feb 22, 2017, 11:13:22 PM2/22/17
to Linino
It is 11:15pm EST on Feb 22.  It appears that the servers are still down.

Arturo Rinaldi

Feb 23, 2017, 4:21:22 AM2/23/17
to Linino
We are online again ! Sorry again for the incovenience.....

    Best, Arturo

Brady Marks

Sep 28, 2017, 3:35:59 PM9/28/17
to Linino