light(1) executable yields tons of errors

Эльдар Габдуллин

Jan 9, 2014, 5:18:56 AM1/9/14
to light-table...@googlegroups.com

~ $ /Applications/LightTable/light

readlink: illegal option -- f

usage: readlink [-n] [file ...]

usage: dirname path

2014-01-09 14:10:56.043 node-webkit[1700:507] Internals of CFAllocator not known; out-of-memory failures via CFAllocator will not result in termination. http://crbug.com/45650

After fixing the readlink invocation:

~ $ /Applications/LightTable/light

~ $ 2014-01-09 14:16:10.470 node-webkit[1765:507] Internals of CFAllocator not known; out-of-memory failures via CFAllocator will not result in termination. http://crbug.com/45650

[1765:0109/141610:ERROR:breakpad_mac.mm(234)] Breakpad initializaiton failed

[1765:0109/141610:ERROR:process_singleton_mac.cc(236)] readlink(/Users/eldar/Library/Application Support/LightTable/SingletonLock) failed: Invalid argument

[1765:0109/141610:ERROR:process_singleton_mac.cc(236)] readlink(/Users/eldar/Library/Application Support/LightTable/SingletonLock) failed: Invalid argument

[1765:0109/141610:ERROR:process_singleton_mac.cc(260)] Failed to create /Users/eldar/Library/Application Support/LightTable/SingletonLock: File exists

[1765:0109/141610:ERROR:process_singleton_mac.cc(236)] readlink(/Users/eldar/Library/Application Support/LightTable/SingletonLock) failed: Invalid argument

[1765:0109/141610:ERROR:tcp_listen_socket.cc(72)] Could not bind socket to 127.0.0.1:10138

2014-01-09 14:16:10.700 node-webkit Helper[1770:507] Internals of CFAllocator not known; out-of-memory failures via CFAllocator will not result in termination. http://crbug.com/45650

2014-01-09 14:16:10.877 node-webkit Helper[1771:507] Internals of CFAllocator not known; out-of-memory failures via CFAllocator will not result in termination. http://crbug.com/45650

Эльдар Габдуллин

Jan 9, 2014, 8:37:48 AM1/9/14
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
forget to add. It's on OSX 10.9

Jakub Arnold

Jan 9, 2014, 9:02:22 AM1/9/14
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
I had a similar issue with the SingletonLock yesterday and Chris recommended to delete it and re-launch (it caused LT to launch twice for me). Try removing Library/Application Support/LightTable/SingletonLock, restart LT and see if anything gets better :)

Эльдар Габдуллин

Jan 9, 2014, 10:13:18 AM1/9/14
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
SingletonLock error got away indeed, but it steel prints something scary

2014-01-09 19:08:06.180 node-webkit[3045:507] Internals of CFAllocator not known; out-of-memory failures via CFAllocator will not result in termination. http://crbug.com/45650
[3045:0109/190806:ERROR:breakpad_mac.mm(234)] Breakpad initializaiton failed

Sean Corfield

Jan 9, 2014, 2:03:01 PM1/9/14
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
Just a comment on this:

If you attempt to sync LightTable settings across multiple machines by storing the LT "user" folder DropBox (or similar) and sym-linking to the "right" place, isn't this going to cause problems when trying to run LT on multiple machines at the same time?

Seems like any sort of per-machine system stuff should be outside the "user" folder?

(and, yes, DropBox allowed me to match my LT experience on my Mac desktop and my Win8 laptop so yay for that!).

Sean
signature.asc

Chris Granger

Jan 9, 2014, 2:05:19 PM1/9/14
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
I wouldn't do the whole user-data dir, that has like Chrome's caches and stuff in it. settings/ and plugins/ are the only things that really make sense to sync.

Cheers,
Chris.

Scott Stackelhouse

Jan 9, 2014, 2:11:08 PM1/9/14
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
the CFAllocator thing is just an issue with node-webkit and osx 10.9 I think, and hasn't hindered my other nw projects.  The more recent osx's anyway, maybe not 10.9.  I don't' know about breakpad.

Sean Corfield

Jan 9, 2014, 2:12:12 PM1/9/14
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
Thanx Chris. I wasn't sure how much to try to sync and just went for the simplest setup :)
signature.asc

Chris Granger

Jan 9, 2014, 2:12:22 PM1/9/14
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
Yeah the CFAllocator error is benign, the breakpad thing happens when you manage to get two processes started somehow.

Cheers,
Chris.

Chris Granger

Jan 9, 2014, 2:13:15 PM1/9/14
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
@Sean, that's cool that it just works :D Hadn't really thought about doing that.

Cheers,
Chris.

Jamie Brandon

Jan 9, 2014, 9:35:04 PM1/9/14
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
Эльдар, what was the readlink fix? Someone else ran into the same problem.

Эльдар Габдуллин

Jan 10, 2014, 1:38:42 AM1/10/14
to light-table...@googlegroups.com, ja...@scattered-thoughts.net
The following works for me https://gist.github.com/eldargab/41cd15d3712d7a1cd586

пятница, 10 января 2014 г., 6:35:04 UTC+4 пользователь Jamie Brandon написал:

Sean Corfield

Jan 10, 2014, 1:40:12 PM1/10/14
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
Based on your feedback, I switched my setup to just symlink settings and plugins from DropBox and now I have a happy LightTable setup that is sync'd cross-platform. I used the LinkShellExtension for Windows to create hard links.

Some observations:

* I installed Claire from source on Mac via npm etc - once DropBox sync'd all the files it worked on Windows with no further action needed!

* Some obvious keymap settings don't work consistently cross-platform. I have tabset operations bound to pmeta-shift-left / -right to move tabs back and forth between tabsets. I also have pmeta-shift-= bound to add a tabset. Those all work cross-platform. I had pmeta-shift-[ / -] bound to switch between tabsets (prev / next). That worked on Mac, but not on Windows. I ended up binding to pmeta-shift-up (next) / -down (prev).

* I've had some problems with Emacs key bindings on Windows (mostly keys being intercepted by Windows itself or just plain not working). I'm still digging into exactly what does / does not work.

Sean
signature.asc