Lift for Scala 2.9.1?

David Pollak

Aug 31, 2011, 12:46:59 PM8/31/11
to liftweb
Folks (Indrajit),

When will master build against Scala 2.9.1?

Thanks,

David

Andreas Joseph Krogh

Aug 31, 2011, 1:03:36 PM8/31/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On 08/31/2011 06:46 PM, David Pollak wrote:
> Folks (Indrajit),
>
> When will master build against Scala 2.9.1?

@dchenbecker: Are you up to releasing a version of scalajpa for 2.9.1 as
well? Would be great:-)

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <and...@officenet.no>
Senior Software Developer / CTO - OfficeNet AS

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Aug 31, 2011, 1:48:42 PM8/31/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Waiting for the upstream dependencies to release a build against 2.9.1.

Specifically:
- Scalacheck
- Specs
- Squeryl
- Dispatch-http
- Scalajpa
- Scalaz

Thanks, Indrajit

David Pollak

Aug 31, 2011, 1:51:14 PM8/31/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Coolio.  Thanks!

Derek Chen-Becker

Aug 31, 2011, 5:13:18 PM8/31/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Absolutely. I'm still in fighting-fires-at-work-while-changing-diapers mode these days, but if I don't respond to a request like this the committers have my cell phone and private email to kick me in the pants ;)

Derek

Derek Chen-Becker

Aug 31, 2011, 5:16:06 PM8/31/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Also, Indrajit, are you able to use the release script I put together? That's one thing I definitely want to make right so that you and I aren't the only ones who can spin builds :)

Derek

Derek Chen-Becker

Aug 31, 2011, 5:23:48 PM8/31/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
OK, quick update. I'm waiting on an upstream build of specs, scalacheck and scalaz for 2.9.1 as well.

Derek

AaronA

Aug 31, 2011, 6:48:47 PM8/31/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Thank you guys for putting focus on this so soon.
I look forward to taking full advantage of the speed 2.9.1 gives and have Lift on top of that.

Gotta love this community ^_^

-Aaron

Maxime Lévesque

Aug 31, 2011, 8:40:59 PM8/31/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Sep 1, 2011, 3:15:17 PM9/1/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Max!

Any plan on having a release for Squeryl as well? For milestones, that's what would be needed.

- Indrajit

On Thursday 1 September 2011 at 6:10 AM, Maxime Lévesque wrote:

> --

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/liftweb/-/yIKRCtjxqp8J.

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Sep 1, 2011, 3:21:38 PM9/1/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday 1 September 2011 at 2:46 AM, Derek Chen-Becker wrote:

> Also, Indrajit, are you able to use the release script I put together? That's one thing I definitely want to make right so that you and I aren't the only ones who can spin builds :)

Yes, I am. Used it in previous milestone as well :)
There are some odd changes (I now recall that I might not have pushed them upstream, will do). But it's conveniently usable and very very handy. Thanks a ton for putting them together.

- Indrajit

> Derek

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Derek Chen-Becker <dchen...@gmail.com (mailto:dchen...@gmail.com)> wrote:
> > Absolutely. I'm still in fighting-fires-at-work-while-changing-diapers mode these days, but if I don't respond to a request like this the committers have my cell phone and private email to kick me in the pants ;)
> >
> > Derek

> > > @dchenbecker: Are you up to releasing a version of scalajpa for 2.9.1 as
> > > well? Would be great:-)
> > >
> > > --

> > > Andreas Joseph Krogh <and...@officenet.no (mailto:and...@officenet.no)>

> > > Senior Software Developer / CTO - OfficeNet AS

> > > http://www.officenet.no - mob: +47 909 56 963 (tel:%2B47%20909%2056%20963)
> > > Public key: http://home.officenet.no/~andreak/public_key.asc (http://home.officenet.no/%7Eandreak/public_key.asc)

> > > --

etorreborre

Sep 1, 2011, 7:08:41 PM9/1/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi Indrajit,

I'm waiting on scalacheck to be updated to 2.9.1 then I'll publish specs 1.6.9 for scala 2.9.1 (only the snapshot is available at the moment).

Eric.

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Sep 1, 2011, 7:47:38 PM9/1/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

Acknowledged. The world is waiting for a scalacheck build for 2.9.1 :)

- Indrajit

> --

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/liftweb/-/YKk1bXr9TYUJ.

etorreborre

Sep 2, 2011, 2:35:15 AM9/2/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Go, go, go!

I sent a message to Ricky this morning and thanks to him, the job is done => specs-1.6.9 is also released for Scala 2.9.1.

Eric.

Derek Chen-Becker

Sep 2, 2011, 11:10:24 AM9/2/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Just to confirm, scalacheck is 1.10-SNAPSHOT for 2.9.1, correct?

Eric.

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Sep 2, 2011, 1:55:14 PM9/2/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Scalacheck release sping for 2.9.1 is 1.9 [1]

- Indrajit

[1] http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases/org/scala-tools/testing/scalacheck_2.9.1/1.9/

On Friday 2 September 2011 at 8:40 PM, Derek Chen-Becker wrote:

> Just to confirm, scalacheck is 1.10-SNAPSHOT for 2.9.1, correct?
>

> On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 12:35 AM, etorreborre <etorr...@gmail.com (mailto:etorr...@gmail.com)> wrote:
> > Go, go, go!
> >
> > I sent a message to Ricky this morning and thanks to him, the job is done => specs-1.6.9 is also released for Scala 2.9.1.
> >
> > Eric.
> >
> > --

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Sep 2, 2011, 2:04:46 PM9/2/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hey Max,

Looks like 0.9.5 isn't backward compatible :)
In principle, I am okay making necessary changes in squeryl-record accordingly but a release for Squeryl has to be out before a Lift milestone build since milestones are considered stable releases (M4 is scheduled next week).

Alternately, would it be possible to have a 0.9.4 build for Scala 2.9.1 meanwhile? This is the only module pending for 2.9.1.

Cheers, Indrajit

On Thursday 1 September 2011 at 6:10 AM, Maxime Lévesque wrote:

> --

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/liftweb/-/yIKRCtjxqp8J.

Andreas Joseph Krogh

Sep 2, 2011, 2:16:09 PM9/2/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On 09/02/2011 08:04 PM, Indrajit Raychaudhuri wrote:
> Hey Max,
>
> Looks like 0.9.5 isn't backward compatible :)
> In principle, I am okay making necessary changes in squeryl-record accordingly but a release for Squeryl has to be out before a Lift milestone build since milestones are considered stable releases (M4 is scheduled next week).
>
> Alternately, would it be possible to have a 0.9.4 build for Scala 2.9.1 meanwhile? This is the only module pending for 2.9.1.
>
> Cheers, Indrajit

We're also missing scalajpa for 2.9.1, Derek is on the case.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <and...@officenet.no>

Senior Software Developer / CTO - OfficeNet AS
http://www.officenet.no - mob: +47 909 56 963

Public key: http://home.officenet.no/~andreak/public_key.asc

Derek Chen-Becker

Sep 2, 2011, 6:01:56 PM9/2/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Should be published now

Andreas Joseph Krogh

Sep 3, 2011, 5:52:25 AM9/3/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On 09/03/2011 12:01 AM, Derek Chen-Becker wrote:
> Should be published now

Great!

David Whittaker

Sep 3, 2011, 9:13:11 AM9/3/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
In case you hadn't noticed, Max published a 0.9.4 version for 2.9.1 to the releases repo yesterday: http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases/org/squeryl/squeryl_2.9.1/0.9.4/

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Sep 3, 2011, 9:23:47 AM9/3/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Yes, noticed :) I am currently working on 2.9.1 build in Lift. Noodling the issues with couple of test cases, once they are through wound push to master.

Expect a spin in next couple of hours!

- Indrajit

On Saturday 3 September 2011 at 6:43 PM, David Whittaker wrote:

> In case you hadn't noticed, Max published a 0.9.4 version for 2.9.1 to the releases repo yesterday: http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases/org/squeryl/squeryl_2.9.1/0.9.4/
>

> On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Indrajit Raychaudhuri <indr...@gmail.com (mailto:indr...@gmail.com)> wrote:
> > Thanks Max!
> >
> > Any plan on having a release for Squeryl as well? For milestones, that's what would be needed.
> >
> > - Indrajit
> >

> > On Thursday 1 September 2011 at 6:10 AM, Maxime Lévesque wrote:
> >

> > > The Squeryl jar for 2.9.1 is here :
> > >
> > > http://scala-tools.org/repo-snapshots/org/squeryl/squeryl_2.9.1/0.9.5-SNAPSHOT/
> > > --

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Sep 3, 2011, 1:05:51 PM9/3/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Folks, snapshots for 2.9.1 have gone out! Feel free to try them out.

If things look positive, it would be part of the next milestone.

- Indrajit

On Saturday 3 September 2011 at 6:53 PM, Indrajit Raychaudhuri wrote:

> Yes, noticed :) I am currently working on 2.9.1 build in Lift. Noodling the issues with couple of test cases, once they are through wound push to master.
>
> Expect a spin in next couple of hours!
>
> - Indrajit
>

> On Saturday 3 September 2011 at 6:43 PM, David Whittaker wrote:
>
> > In case you hadn't noticed, Max published a 0.9.4 version for 2.9.1 to the releases repo yesterday: http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases/org/squeryl/squeryl_2.9.1/0.9.4/
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Indrajit Raychaudhuri <indr...@gmail.com (mailto:indr...@gmail.com)> wrote:
> > > Thanks Max!
> > >
> > > Any plan on having a release for Squeryl as well? For milestones, that's what would be needed.
> > >
> > > - Indrajit

Maxime Lévesque

Sep 3, 2011, 2:11:07 PM9/3/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com

Andreas Joseph Krogh

Sep 3, 2011, 7:21:54 PM9/3/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On 09/03/2011 07:05 PM, Indrajit Raychaudhuri wrote:
> Folks, snapshots for 2.9.1 have gone out! Feel free to try them out.
>
> If things look positive, it would be part of the next milestone.

I say "yeay"! I've tried wip_canbind with 2.9.1 on my two
production-projects and have no regressions(except the obvious can-bind
stuff with (".foo *" #> "bar").apply(<div class="foo">hi</div>), but
that's documented).

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <and...@officenet.no> - mob: +47 909 56 963
Senior Software Developer / CTO - OfficeNet AS - http://www.officenet.no
Public key: http://home.officenet.no/~andreak/public_key.asc

Scott Morrison

Sep 7, 2011, 4:13:31 PM9/7/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Dear lifters,

sorry, I'm dumb, and don't know which version number I'm meant to be
using the get a 2.9.1 compatible build. I'd guessed maybe
2.4-SNAPSHOT, but sbt can't seem to find that. The Lift download page
doesn't want to tell me which repository lift lives in, so I can't
even go looking around the repository.

Advice appreciated!

thanks,
Scott Morrison

Brian Smith

Sep 7, 2011, 4:21:28 PM9/7/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott

There are 2.9.1 built 2.4-SNAPSHOT modules at scala-tools.org in the maven snapshots repo.

Cheers

Brian

Scott Morrison

Sep 7, 2011, 4:26:21 PM9/7/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Oh well, adding "http://scala-tools.org/repo-snapshots/" to my
repositories in sbt results in 2.4-SNAPSHOT now working.

thank
scott