OracleDriver MappedString not using varchar2

Lachlan Deck

Apr 27, 2012, 2:45:03 AM4/27/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

is there a setting to default MappedStrings when the OracleDriver is in play to default to VARCHAR2 instead of VARCHAR?

16:34:01.926 [pool-47-thread-2] ERROR n.liftweb.http.provider.HTTPProvider - Failed to Boot! Your application may not run properly
java.lang.RuntimeException: Database scheme is out of date. The following is missing:
CREATE TABLE bugs (name VARCHAR(255) , address VARCHAR(1000) ............

Lachlan Deck
lachla...@gmail.com

Jeppe Nejsum Madsen

Apr 27, 2012, 11:12:47 AM4/27/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
I don't think so. You could create your own driver (extending the
existing OracleDriver) and set DriverType.calcDriver....

/Jeppe

Lachlan Deck

Apr 28, 2012, 7:48:36 PM4/28/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
[error] .../src/main/scala/bootstrap/liftweb/OracleDriver.scala:16: type OracleDriver is not a member of package net.liftweb.db
[error] object CustomOracleDriver extends net.liftweb.db.OracleDriver

Actually, how do I get it onto the classpath?

Cheers,
Lachlan Deck
lachla...@gmail.com

Jeppe Nejsum Madsen

Apr 30, 2012, 3:57:31 AM4/30/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Forget my initial idea, just saw that OracleDriver is an object....you
probably need to copy the OracleDriver source and implement your own
changes. A little more involved but just a few lines of code...

/Jeppe