Template Statefulness between 2.3 and 2.4-M1

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Jun 9, 2011, 11:52:35 AM6/9/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
We have a path of our app that is currently marked fully stateless, but goes through the usual Lift templating pipeline (template on disk + desginer-friendly snippet invocations). This worked fine in 2.3, but hitting it in 2.4-M1 caused a StateInStateless exception. Is this normal/expected?

I know that's not terribly detailed, I'm working on isolating which particular part is causing it, but the stack trace just points directly to processTemplate in LiftSession (where the function map is updated) so that's my initial suspicion.
Thanks,
Antonio

David Pollak

Jun 9, 2011, 4:36:44 PM6/9/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Antonio Salazar Cardozo <savedf...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all,
We have a path of our app that is currently marked fully stateless, but goes through the usual Lift templating pipeline (template on disk + desginer-friendly snippet invocations). This worked fine in 2.3, but hitting it in 2.4-M1 caused a StateInStateless exception. Is this normal/expected?

It's a bug.  Please open a ticket and I'll get it fixed ASAP.  This might be a reason to spin a 2.4.1-M1 as all of statelessness is broken.

I know that's not terribly detailed, I'm working on isolating which particular part is causing it, but the stack trace just points directly to processTemplate in LiftSession (where the function map is updated) so that's my initial suspicion.
Thanks,
Antonio

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Jun 9, 2011, 4:41:18 PM6/9/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com

Sorry for not catching this during the pre-M1 phase, we missed this particular flow in our internal testing.
Thanks,

--
Antonio Salazar Cardozo

David Pollak

Jun 9, 2011, 4:50:44 PM6/9/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Antonio Salazar Cardozo <savedf...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry for not catching this during the pre-M1 phase, we missed this particular flow in our internal testing.

Okay... the patch is in master.  Please retest (either on a locally built version or wait 2 hours for Jenkins to do a full build).

If the fix works, we'll spin a 2.4.1-M1

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Jun 9, 2011, 4:51:25 PM6/9/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Cool. We'll wait a couple of hours and get back to you as soon as we've tested.
Thanks,
Antonio

David Pollak

Jun 9, 2011, 4:53:17 PM6/9/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Antonio Salazar Cardozo <savedf...@gmail.com> wrote:
Cool. We'll wait a couple of hours and get back to you as soon as we've tested.

Great.

For the rest of the Lift list... this is what Antonio's team has built:
http://techcrunch.com/2011/06/08/openstudy-wants-to-turn-the-world-into-one-big-study-group/

The video is pretty cool!

Thanks,
Antonio

Jeppe Nejsum Madsen

Jun 9, 2011, 4:55:26 PM6/9/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 10:50 PM, David Pollak
<feeder.of...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Antonio Salazar Cardozo
> <savedf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Filed
>> at https://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/tickets/1037-statelessness-is-broken-in-2-4-m1
>>
>> Sorry for not catching this during the pre-M1 phase, we missed this
>> particular flow in our internal testing.
>
> Okay... the patch is in master.  Please retest (either on a locally built
> version or wait 2 hours for Jenkins to do a full build).
>
> If the fix works, we'll spin a 2.4.1-M1

Shouldn't that be a 2.4-M2?

/Jeppe

David Pollak

Jun 9, 2011, 4:58:07 PM6/9/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com

Either way works for me.

/Jeppe

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Jun 9, 2011, 6:35:37 PM6/9/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Just tested it and things seem to be running smoothly! Thanks for the quick turnaround, and for the kind words.
Antonio

David Pollak

Jun 9, 2011, 6:38:09 PM6/9/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Antonio Salazar Cardozo <savedf...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just tested it and things seem to be running smoothly!

Cool.  I'll ask Indrajit to spin 2.4-M2

Thanks for the quick turnaround, and for the kind words.

You're welcome... and thanks for being crazy enough to risk your start-up on Lift.

Antonio