Upload on libraryBox?

Maaike V

Mar 20, 2014, 11:57:59 AM3/20/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thanks a lot for the LibraryBox 2.0! I've just built one and it works wonderfully.
But I was wondering if it would be possible to "activate" the upload function for very daring libraries who would like to try it out? For some special events it would be interesting to have this possibility. It was possible to "re-activate" the upload on the 1.5 so I was wondering about this on the 2.0.

Best regards,

Maaike

Jason Griffey

Mar 20, 2014, 12:00:49 PM3/20/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com

On the 2.0 the only remote-upload capability is via FTP...you can turn that on, and share the login if you wished. But no, upload by browser, that's a Piratebox function. :-)

The code for it is probably still buried somewhere in the box, and maybe Matthias has a method for it. But that's really the distinguishing feature between PB and LB (although certainly not the only, esp in the 2.0)

Jason

Maaike V

Mar 20, 2014, 12:10:11 PM3/20/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
I'm aware it's a distinguishing feature, but on the other hand, I would like to avoid having two different types of boxes in the same library, especially as the PirateBox installation is a bit complicated for the average librarian! It's mainly a practical matter. If Matthias has a solution, I'm very interested (I had a look at the code, but I didn't find anything so far)!

Maaike

Matthias Strubel

Mar 20, 2014, 4:26:49 PM3/20/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

yes of course it is possible!
You have to edit /opt/piratebox/conf/piratebox.conf

find the following lines:

DROOPY_ENABLED="no"

and change it to "yes"

If you want to a different upload folder,

find:

UPLOADFOLDER="$SHARE_FOLDER/Shared"

and change it to something else. "Shared" is the root Folder of your files. Be aware, that you need to create the directory for yourself

To enable the change, do a reboot running the command "reboot"

After this, the upload-box is available under:

I think it should work like this. I used that kind of stuff in my alpha testings for exchanging files.

regards
Matthias

I'm aware it's a distinguishing feature, but on the other hand, I would like to avoid having two different types of boxes in the same library, especially as the PirateBox installation is a bit complicated for the average librarian! It's mainly a practical matter. If Matthias has a solution, I'm very interested (I had a look at the code, but I didn't find anything so far)!

Maaike

Maaike V

Mar 21, 2014, 9:43:46 AM3/21/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com, kurven...@googlemail.com
Sounds Great! I tried it, but I cannot actually access "librarybox.lan:8080" because I'm immediately redirected to "librarybox.lan/content". I tried to but several different things after "librarybox.lan:...." but I'm always redirected to the starting page, it's odd.

Maaike

Matthias Strubel

Mar 21, 2014, 11:58:18 AM3/21/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com

Try adding http:// in front of it... On a different port won't cause a redirect under normal circumstances, because there is no redirect code within droopy (upload script).

On 21 Mar 2014 14:43, "Maaike V" <maaike....@etu.hesge.ch> wrote:
Sounds Great! I tried it, but I cannot actually access "librarybox.lan:8080" because I'm immediately redirected to "librarybox.lan/content". I tried to but several different things after "librarybox.lan:...." but I'm always redirected to the starting page, it's odd.

Maaike

Maaike V

Apr 9, 2014, 3:53:56 AM4/9/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com, kurven...@googlemail.com
Hello again,
I tried adding http:// and indeed there is no redirect. But it still doesn't work for the upload because when I put http://librarybox.lan:8080 in my browser I get a page that says it doesn't find the server!

Matthias Strubel

Apr 9, 2014, 4:05:38 AM4/9/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maaike,
2 days ago, I found a bug in the generation of the LibraryBox-Package,
that was missing a fix for droopy. On RC2, which Jason is currently
testing, there is a fix for that, so upload should work again.

sorry,

regards Matthias
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/librarybox/5762c912-1291-428a-8b57-ccb30fc9e542%40googlegroups.com.

Maaike V

Apr 9, 2014, 5:53:58 AM4/9/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com, kurven...@googlemail.com
No problem, I'll check it out! I think Jason has just released it :

Have a good day

Maaike

Chris Hamling

Apr 15, 2014, 8:15:48 PM4/15/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com, kurven...@googlemail.com
Just installed the new versionon my MR3040 v1 and it works fine.

Thanks

Maaike V

Apr 16, 2014, 3:17:35 AM4/16/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com, kurven...@googlemail.com
Yes, me too, it's great.
Maaike

Message has been deleted

Matthias Strubel

May 26, 2014, 3:14:49 PM5/26/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com

Shorter instruction, which should work out:

1. Login to your box

2. run the following commands

sed 's|DROOPY_ENABLED="no"|DROOPY_ENABLED="yes"|' -i /opt/piratebox/conf/piratebox.conf
/etc/init.d/piratebox restart

It will be available on http://librarybox.lan:8080

Add this link to your content/index.html or
use this iframe:

<iframe width='650' frameBorder='0' src='http://librarybox.lan:8080'>
Your browser does not supprt Iframes.. If you want to upload something, follow this <a href='http://librarybox.lan:8080'>Link</a>
</iframe>

done

bdbhaiti

Jun 10, 2014, 1:34:44 PM6/10/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Matthias,

These instructions worked great. I modified your "iframe" instruction to adapt to the screen size, which made it look a little better from mobile devices:

<h1>LibraryBox Upload</h1>

<iframe src="http://librarybox.lan:8080" frameborder="0" style="overflow:hidden;height:100%;width:100%" height="100%" width="100%">
 Your browser does not support Iframes.. If you want to upload something, follow this

</iframe>

I also attached a separate "upload" html file which can be used to upload files couched in the same style as the rest of the LibraryBox pages.
brendan
upload.html.zip