Crash Data email 3 of 4

Richard Canale

Mar 30, 2015, 12:26:17 PM3/30/15
to Members Town Meeting

1.     MassDOT Crash Portal Web Site:

This site presents multiple ways to obtain crash data.  I, myself, have only begun to analyze the wealth of data available.  I have downloaded the three most recent years for Lexington crashes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u6m8cchmef3b1s/LEXINGTON2010.xls?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5qa8js63vix2uh2/LEXINGTON2011.xls?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkjjzcufa28oqpc/LEXINGTON2012.xls?dl=0

On the 2012 data I have made some initial sorts in the “rlc sort” tab as a step in looking at one dimension – ped – bike crashes.  As a first cut, it appears that about 22 % of all crash injuries that occurred in Lexington outside of the Route 2 and Route 128 corridor were to pedestrians and bicyclists.  I am sure that a more thoughtful and complete analysis, using the tools on the Portal would yield a more complete picture of crash status within Lexington.

Richard Canale,

Lexington’s designee to the Boston MPO