leveldb downloads?

Zach Moazeni

Apr 25, 2012, 1:24:22 PM4/25/12
to lev...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks, thanks for all the great work on leveldb. Really enjoying it for my projects.

Would it be possible to upload tarballs to http://code.google.com/p/leveldb/downloads/list ? I'm trying to include leveldb into the mainline homebrew ( https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew ) but they require a specific download location instead of pointing to a git repo. https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/pull/10131#issuecomment-5248735

This may be a similar requirement for other package managers such as apt, yum, etc but I'm not sure. Hopefully this isn't a burden on the maintainers. I'm just looking for something similar to http://code.google.com/p/snappy/downloads/list

Christopher Smith

Apr 25, 2012, 1:56:36 PM4/25/12
to lev...@googlegroups.com
+1
It does seem like high time leveldb had some tarballs.

--
Chris

Sanjay Ghemawat

Apr 26, 2012, 2:26:37 PM4/26/12
to lev...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Zach Moazeni <zach.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks, thanks for all the great work on leveldb. Really enjoying it for
> my projects.
>
> Would it be possible to upload tarballs
> to http://code.google.com/p/leveldb/downloads/list ?

Ok. Will do from next release onwards.

Zach Moazeni

Apr 26, 2012, 5:10:00 PM4/26/12
to lev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sanjay. Would it be too much trouble to bundle v1.3 from commit http://code.google.com/p/leveldb/source/detail?r=bc1ee4d25e09b04e074db330a41f54ef4af0e31b ? It doesn't need to be a compiled/distributable tarball. Just a source tarball.

Sanjay Ghemawat

Apr 30, 2012, 4:49:36 PM4/30/12
to lev...@googlegroups.com
> Thanks Sanjay. Would it be too much trouble to bundle v1.3 from
> commit http://code.google.com/p/leveldb/source/detail?r=bc1ee4d25e09b04e074db330a41f54ef4af0e31b
> ? It doesn't need to be a compiled/distributable tarball. Just a source
> tarball.

Done.