Leo in virtualenv

Zoltan Benedek

Feb 19, 2015, 1:32:47 PM2/19/15
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry for the late reaction, some time ago there were a discussion about Leo in virtualenv.

Now I could test it in Python3, PyQt5 on Kubuntu:

Here are the steps (I worked in a folder with write permission '/leo'):

1. Install PyQt5 in the system:

sudo aptitude install python3-pyqt5

2. Create the virtual environment with the '--system-site-packages' switch and without pip (I've found this the only way, which worked):

pyvenv-3.4 --system-site-packages --without-pip py3-pyqt5

3. Install setuptools and pip into the created environment:

wget --no-check-certificate https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/raw/bootstrap/ez_setup.py -O ez_setup.py

py3-pyqt5/bin/python ez_setup.py --insecure

tar xzvf pip-6.0.8.tar.gz

cd pip-6.0.8

../py3-pyqt5/bin/python setup.py install

cd ..

Now you can install what you want in the created environment, without affecting the system.

py3-pyqt5/bin/pip install Sphinx

4. From the leo-editor source folder launch Leo with the new interpreter:

In my case:

/leo/py3-pyqt5/bin/python launchLeo.py

Regards
Zoltan