Current version?

guthrie

Sep 7, 2013, 1:49:18 PM9/7/13
to lek...@googlegroups.com
My leksah version says it is 0.13.2.4, but the website says the latest is: 0.12.0.3 (for GHC 7.4.1) from over a year and a half ago.

When I did the latest update my fonts got worse, so I am looking to see fi I am up to date, but can't even find the version I now have installed.

I am running the current Haskell platform (7.6.3) on Windows, what is the best/latest Leksah version and from where?

I like it a lot, and want to use it in an FP course for my students.

Hamish Mackenzie

Sep 8, 2013, 1:17:28 AM9/8/13
to lek...@googlegroups.com
Which font do you have selected in the editor preferences under "TextView Font"?  It could be that the font rendering has changed a bit in the 0.13 binaries as it is built using Gtk3.

Hopefully we will have a 0.14 release soon.  0.13.2.4 is the dev version and I would release it as 0.14, but there are still somethings to sort out on OS X.

In particular the OS X build needs
  • Gtk3 in Quartz mode
  • Working OS X menu integration
  • WebKitGtk
  • OS X 10.6 support
None of these on there own are difficult, but getting them all working at once is currently proving to be hard.

In the mean time there is are 0.13 OS X builds that lack only WebKitGtk and OS X 10.6 support here...

And one that works on OS X 10.6 (still no WebKitGtk) here...

On Windows the latest builds are here

And on Linux you can install 0.13 from github.  Something like this should get you up and running...
sudo apt-get install darcs libgtksourceview-3.0-dev libwebkitgtk-3.0-dev
cabal install gtk2hs-buildtools cabal-meta
cd leksah
git submodule update --init --recursive
cabal-meta install

Gregory Guthrie

Sep 8, 2013, 8:25:51 AM9/8/13
to lek...@googlegroups.com

Thanks.

It is “Monospace 10”. – but is more pixelated than previously. I’ll play with options.

Thanks again for the tool!