corrupted images on Kindle DX

Sam Halliday

Oct 10, 2017, 7:23:24 AM10/10/17
to leanpub
Hi,

One of my readers has reported corrupted images on Kindle DX

It's for this book

Has anybody seen this? Is there a workaround? Almost all my images are generated PNGs, sources here https://github.com/fommil/fpmortals/tree/master/manuscript/images

Best regards,
Sam

Mike Rowe

Oct 10, 2017, 3:35:28 PM10/10/17
to lea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,

This looks like it's an issue with this specific Kindle's method of processing PNG files. Unfortunately there isn't a lot we can do here. We do our best to ensure the books generated through Leanpub work on the majority of devices but it would be almost impossible to make it perfect everywhere. Sorry for not being able to give you a better answer.

Regards,
Mike

Igal Tabachnik

Apr 19, 2018, 3:32:09 AM4/19/18
to leanpub
Hi Mike,

For what it's worth, I hacked together a small script that recompresses the PDF using JPEGs (with highest quality). This "solves" the issue I had with the Kindle. Perhaps, if this ever comes up, you could point people to this script.

Thanks!